Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Tribute to Pixar.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I only just realized that there is no real thread to Pixar, one of the pillars that makes up my love for film. So I thought we could talk about our favorite Pixar films are, what are second most favorite (a lot of us have those I suspect) or perhaps the large gangleon of films that are all our favorites without one coming up on top.

My favorite? Finding Nemo... honestly this one has a bit of an advantage because when it was released I was in Iraq. I first saw it when it came out on DVD near Christmas time which was tough... I was in a very desolate land and it was incredibly stressful and then there was this world of brilliant color, wonderful humor (anything to laugh at is gold in a combat zone) and amazing story. It just came at a great time and none of the other films have made me feel that good.

rcfko

Familiar Face
Well, I don't think I can say that I have a favourite Pixar film. I love most of them. I found that Cars and A Bug's Life less to my liking, but the rest I really enjoyed.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Being a car fanatic, I enjoyed Cars, with all the subtle things Pixar puts in their films. Monsters, Inc is still my favorite, and has to be one of the most wildly creative movies I have ever seen. Whoever thought it up is real genius.

In 1983, or '84, a buddy of mine had a friend who was a Brown University graduate, working at the Lucas owned studio located on Bellam Ave, in San Rafael, CA, it was part of Lucasfilm Computer Graphics Group, but was to later become Pixar after Lucas sold it to Steve Jobs. The Brown University Bay Area Alumni Club, helped sponsor a tour of the facility, and we saw the new technologically advanced digital editing equipment that George Lucas used to do his precise editing. They were working on 3D reconstruction software for medical application for CT scanners, which is now commonplace. There was a film studio inside, and we watched one of their new shorts The Adventures of Andre and Wally Bee, and some of the clips from the iconic Luxo Jr.

landing_1.jpg

landing_1.jpg

Little did I know then what the future was to hold for Pixar. I consider their films, the artistic "masters" of our time, as they are truly animated film artwork, that will be revered for all time. Some of my favorite movies of all time are made by Pixar.

Last edited:

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
My nephew is a big fan of Cars, so it became one of my favorites. It is hard not to when a small voice tells you to "come watch with me, Uncle." Pixar is the only one I know that can make a table lamp that is cute. I just love that little lamp.

=GG=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot