Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Very Model Hat Thread

HatsEnough

Banned
OK, let's see if this works. This thread is for all of you out there that have several pieces of one model of hat. Whether it be 5 Open Roads, 6 Playboys, 25 Stetson Nutrias, 10 Adam Executives, a whole city of Borso Alessandrias, a dog pack of Whippets, even if you only have two of one model... whatever hat model you have several examples of, photograph them and throw them up here.

Whether it be Stetson, Adam, Borsalino, if you have a passion for a particular model of any manufacturer's hat, show them off here.

Top prize to anyone that has more than one version of Stetson's "The Motor"!!

Last edited:

HatsEnough

Banned
Stetson Stratoliners

scaled.php

scaled.php

From the left…
Upper Row: Gray, 1950s; Black, 2011;Tan, 1950s; Brown, 1950s
Bottom Row: Dark Brown Vita Felt, 1940s
Original Instruction Sheet, Matchbook Cover, Extra Hat Pins, but there are pins on all of them.

HatsEnough

Banned
Stetson Whippets

scaled.php

From the left...
Top: 1940s Gray with Black Ribbon
Second Row: All Gray, 1940s; Khaki Brown; 1950s
Bottom Row: Gray With Black Ribbon, 1950s; Green, 1940s; Brown, 1950s

HatsEnough

Banned
Stetson Open Roads

scaled.php

From the left...
Top: Stetson 100
Second Row: Twenty Five, Early 1950s; Twenty Five Late 1950s or Early 60s
Third Row: 7X Clear, Beaver 1950s; Tan, 1950s; 7X Clear Beaver, 1960s
Bottom Row: 10X Beaver, 1990s; 1990s converted with brown ribbon and trim; 1990s converted with black ribbon; 3X, 1950s

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
OK, let's see if this works. This thread is for all of you out there that have several pieces of one model of hat. Whether it be 5 Open Roads, 6 Playboys, 25 Stetson Nutrias, 10 Adam Executives, a whole city of Borso Alessandrias, a dog pack of Whippets, even if you only have two of one model... whatever hat model you have several examples of, photograph them and throw them up here.

Whether it be Stetson, Adam, Borsalino, if you have a passion for a particular model of any manufacturer's hat, show them off here.

Top price to anyone that has more than one version of Stetson's "The Motor"!!

Neat idea! But do you mean "EVERY model..." instead of "VERY model.." ?

HatsEnough

Banned
Neat idea! But do you mean "EVERY model..." instead of "VERY model.." ?

Nope, I meant "a very model hat thread" sort of like "the very picture of a very modern general" ala Gilbert and Sullivan's The Pirates of Penzance.

Oh, and I'd rather my pics be of the hats, really, instead of me. The focus is the hats.

Last edited:

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Stetson Whippets

scaled.php

From the left...
Top: 1940s Gray with Black Ribbon
Second Row: All Gray, 1940s; Khaki Brown; 1950s
Bottom Row: Gray With Black Ribbon, 1950s; Green, 1940s; Brown, 1950s

Got the brown.
Need the green.

Would REALLY like to find a blue.

I believe it was Alexander Hamilton who once said, "No man should own six Stetson Whippets until all men own one."

I could be wrong.

Seriously, great collection. I hope you get a bunch more collections. Neat thread.

Sam

Sam Craig

One Too Many
PS.

This last winter, I found a new condition Whippet, gray on gray, like the second row, left, at our local Salvation Army. It was priced at $3.99. Sadly it was a size 6 7/8
Happily I have a good friend and hat collector who is a pin head.
The Whippet found a new home and I get to see it being enjoyed by a pal.

Win/win

Sam

HatsEnough

Banned
I believe it was Alexander Hamilton who once said, "No man should own six Stetson Whippets until all men own one."

I could be wrong.

Seriously, great collection. I hope you get a bunch more collections. Neat thread.

Sam

I also think that Sam Colt said something about "six Whippets making men equal" ... er... something.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Come on. I can't be the only one with a few examples of the same model!

No, but I haven't time to pull them out and photograph them. Perhaps in a few weeks. :D

I'd started to comment when you first opened the thread, but my kitten jumped onto the keyboard and wiped it out. This is a great thread idea, and you've got a wonderful collection there!

Cheers,
Tom

HatsEnough

Banned
Thanks, Tom, look forward to yours. I should have realized it will take everyone a bit of time to get all their hats out to snap a photo of them. After all, I had been thinking of making this thread for at least a week before I had me to get all the hats together for their time in the spotlight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR