Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A wacky Eastman

majormajor

One Too Many
Reminds me of the guys who rush out and buy the Fender Relic guitars (designed to look like a guitar which has been around since the Fifties and treated hard on the road) because they want to look like Buddy Holly. lol

Well here's my 1954 Gibson Les Paul, looking as new as the day it was made. No "relicing" for me, thanks:D

gold2tn.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well here's my 1954 Gibson Les Paul, looking as new as the day it was made. No "relicing" for me, thanks:D

gold2tn.jpg

Wow. That's perfect. How long have you owned it? Has it had much use? Dare I ask, how much did you pay for it. I think I can hear Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page fighting each other to make you an offer for it!:D

Edward

Bartender

gold2tn.jpg

Very nice. I'll always prefer a bolt on neck, but those early LP designs do have a certain pull. They should never have dropped the p90s in favour of those muddy HBs, IMO.... I do like a goldtop, too - much nicer, IMO, than the burst.

I think Pagey would sell his soul for that one - well, if he hadn't allegedly done that...

Surely only a deal with Belezebub himself could explain such success with such tedious, lumpen dadrock? ;) :p Nah, there is some Led Zep I rate very highly, individual songs (Rock and Roll particularly), though. :)

Edward

Bartender

gold2tn.jpg

Very nice. I'll always prefer a bolt on neck, but those early LP designs do have a certain pull. They should never have dropped the p90s in favour of those muddy HBs, IMO.... I do like a goldtop, too - much nicer, IMO, than the burst. I'm a Fender guy, myself. I do like some of the less full-on relics, but really I much prefer my guitar to look as new as possible for as long as possible - one reason I prefer polyurethane over nitro. The fifties was such an incredible period for guitar design.

I think Pagey would sell his soul for that one - well, if he hadn't allegedly done that...

Surely only a deal with Belezebub himself could explain such success with such tedious, lumpen dadrock? ;) :p Nah, there is some Led Zep I rate very highly, individual songs (Rock and Roll particularly), though. :)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Very nice. I'll always prefer a bolt on neck, but those early LP designs do have a certain pull. They should never have dropped the p90s in favour of those muddy HBs, IMO.... I do like a goldtop, too - much nicer, IMO, than the burst. I'm a Fender guy, myself. I do like some of the less full-on relics, but really I much prefer my guitar to look as new as possible for as long as possible - one reason I prefer polyurethane over nitro. The fifties was such an incredible period for guitar design.

I had a knock off SG back in the 90s. Loved it, but the HBs used to" hummmmm" ominously every time you just held your hand close to it. Much missed after I traded it in for a Squire Strat.

I stand by Led Zep. Well, most of it anyway, but I won't hear a thing said against Physical Graffiti. Biggest mistake I ever made, though, was seeing Planty on a solo tour during the 1990s - way to ruin your reputation, daft old hippy that he is.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
And amazing how quickly they went off the boil after Physical Graffiti! I remember buying Presence, sticking it on and trying to persuade myself that it was just as good as the rest of their records, but just couldn't.

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
And amazing how quickly they went off the boil after Physical Graffiti! I remember buying Presence, sticking it on and trying to persuade myself that it was just as good as the rest of their records, but just couldn't.

Well, as a guitarist (with a Sunburst Les Paul!) I have to say that Achille's last stand is IMO the best song Led Zep ever composed.

Some of those riffs are soo creepy.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, as a guitarist (with a Sunburst Les Paul!) I have to say that Achille's last stand is IMO the best song Led Zep ever composed.

Some of those riffs are soo creepy.

But it goes on forever. Don't get me wrong, I will happily listen to Pagey play for hours, but that song always seemed a little limp to me. Always thought he nailed it the first time on Dazed and Confused. This is hopelessly off topic btw:eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff