Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers Mulholland Alternative

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Bike crash ain’t no joke. That asphalt will eat through everything at high speed. Pretty much a grinding machine. You need that thickness of a Cal or Al to minimize all the damages. And that’s what they’re built for.

It would have been better if they have the studs in the back like the Sears, Windward, etc. so you slide on those instead of the leather. But they don’t build it like that. I guess that’s what the 3 loops with the snap are for besides using them for the belt.

I would add Vanson,LW and Branded Garments to the list. Sadly, I have lost some very nice 60's HH Schotts when I crashed bad several years ago. One time I totaled the guy's car with my bike, then there was a time I almost ended up in the other side of the freeway. Lucky I skid on the edge of the divider and it kept me on my side of traffic. I still remember the medics words "Got to cut your leather man" That hurt in top of my broken ribs and sternum fracture. In that one, I got my 06 RC51 totaled. Got lucky and purchase another one with less than 2k miles on it. I still have it in pristine condition.

Nacho

Practically Family
I would add Vanson,LW and Branded Garments to the list. Sadly, I have lost some very nice 60's HH Schotts when I crashed bad several years ago. One time I totaled the guy's car with my bike, then there was a time I almost ended up in the other side of the freeway. Lucky I skid on the edge of the divider and it kept me on my side of traffic. I still remember the medics words "Got to cut your leather man" That hurt in top of my broken ribs and sternum fracture. In that one, I got my 06 RC51 totaled. Got lucky and purchase another one with less than 2k miles on it. I still have it in pristine condition.

Man, that's wild. The RC51 is definitely a kick-ass bike.

I crashed on my Honda SS50 a few times. Miraculously, that thing still ran well after all that. Tough little ripper, hauling ass like a mofo. Japanese vehicles are like that. They're indestructible. Miss that bike.

If I've ever got back on the two-wheel, I want to try the Harley or build my own chopper.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Man, that's wild. The RC51 is definitely a kick-ass bike.

I crashed on my Honda SS50 a few times. Miraculously, that thing still ran well after all that. Tough little ripper, hauling ass like a mofo. Japanese vehicles are like that. They're indestructible. Miss that bike.

If I've ever got back on the two-wheel, I want to try the Harley or build my own chopper.

There is a friend and a nice builder in the forum. Sometime ago, he put together a nice 1938 HD. He mentioned he has some friends who "have an eye" for rebuildable bikes. He is a nice guy to know. Friend, as you probably know, it is going to be pricy. LOL. I currently have six bikes. However, I can always make room for one project bike. LOL.

Nacho

Practically Family
There is a friend and a nice builder in the forum. Sometime ago, he put together a nice 1938 HD. He mentioned he has some friends who "have an eye" for rebuildable bikes. He is a nice guy to know. Friend, as you probably know, it is going to be pricy. LOL. I currently have six bikes. However, I can always make room for one project bike. LOL.

Haha. Bikes are like leather jackets. You can always have room for one more, G.

Yeah, like everything in life, it takes time to develop “the eye” for things. I’m lucky to have a friend who is a bike mechanic so I can always bounce ideas off him.

You should post photos of your bikes sometimes. We’ve got a few bikers around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner