Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 Jacket CBI

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have this book and on page 211 there is a CBI Bronco. It is similar to this one but the detail on the squadron patch is clearly visible. This one has a crown zip. I guess both jackets belonged to the same CBI squadron. Andrew

stirnpanzer

New in Town
anyone who can help with a scan would be appreciated.

Regards Mark

PROPERTY

AIR FORCE U.S. ARMY

BRONCO MFG. CORP.

NEW YORK, N.Y.

Size : 40 (On a smaller tag)

Is clearly visable on the lable, the other top lines a little difficult to make out.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are some pics of the Bronco from "Suit Up". Notice it has a Crown Chevron zipper. Andrew

Picture052.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture053.jpg

stirnpanzer

New in Town
Andrew,

Many thanks for posting pics.

That is my jacket... Wow...

Various creases / colouring are identicle.

I downloaded the imgae and played with it in photoshop, and enhanced the name tag, and can make out "xxxx xxxx burn" "Engineer" ,and the name on mine is "Bob Wasburn" - "Engineer"

Did the same with the manufacturers tag... its the same tag.

I knew the cuffs and waistband had been professionally replaced as stated by the previous owner. Looks like they did the zip as well and put a later zip in.

And obviously someone took a fancy to the patch...and kept it !!

Can anyone ID the Patch.. ???

Andrew, any chance of a scan of just the Japanese text, as i will be able to get that translated by someone at work...perhaps it will identify the patch

I have ordered the book from amazon (japan) but wont be arriving for at least a month...(only place i could find it...)

Thanks Mark

stirnpanzer

New in Town
Andrew,

many thanks for all your help.

I'll get it translated and post the results here ....

Best Regards
Mark

Estevan

One of the Regulars
It kills me....

It simply baffles me why anyone would remove an original patch from a jacket in such good shape. Sacrilege, pure and simple.:rage:

stirnpanzer

New in Town
an update ... Heres the translation.

"An A-2 summer jacket with an embossed nametag and leather squadron patches. Most likely belonged to a pilot who spent a significant time with the military. The front fastener is made by the maker Crown. Such zipper fasteners on A-2s were made by makers such as Talon, Crown and Commer. On the left shoulder is a CBI front US Army patch, on the right is an US Army Air Force patch, and both are locally handcrafted at the time"

Pity it doesnt identify the squadron patch ....

bgbdesign

New in Town
Sad
I used to own that jacket back in the early 90's
It was a flight engineer's jacket( named to someone washburn I think) and it came from a guy in toledo ohio who bought it from the veteran.

It still had the patch on it when I sold it to a guy in california. It looks like the knit has been replaced as well.

I remember seeing it show up on ebay minus the squadron patch
the genius who pulled the patch probably thought he'd make more money that way or worse yet was a patch only collector.

I have seen uniforms in trash cans at patch shows with holes in the sleeve where the patch and background sleeve material was cut out.

bg

washburn.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot