Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 shoulder width - advice needed

Turtle77

New in Town
Hi, which original contract/maker models currently offered by the usual suspects (Aero, Eastman, etc) have the shortest shoulder width? I do not like drooping shoulders on my A2 (inasmuch that is possible with that type of jacket). Thanks!

AdeeC

Practically Family
Hi, which original contract/maker models currently offered by the usual suspects (Aero, Eastman, etc) have the shortest shoulder width? I do not like drooping shoulders on my A2 (inasmuch that is possible with that type of jacket). Thanks!
I believe the earlier pre or early war contract designs from both were much slimmer including the shoulders. Something like an Aero 1711-P perhaps?

Depends on your build too. You can't ask for an off the shelf jacket not to droop if you have narrow shoulders.
And if you go custom, you'll need to work with the maker to get your sizing correct.
Shoulders that droop some (esp on jackets with no bi-swing back) can make it more comfortable.
OTOH, if they droop too much, it looks like crap.
Good luck.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I suggest you look at some of the Japanese offerings, Real McCoys, Toys, Rainbow Country. Some people say that their house A-2 jackets are cut for the Asian slimmer figures, especially the narrower shoulder and sleeve widths.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick