Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adding some 1930's to a modern MTM suit - Help requested.

TallErik

New in Town
The thought right now is:

2 or 3 button peak lapel.
High rise pants, single forward pleat.
Cuffs on pants.

Medium/dark blue (not black looking - definitely blue looking!)

Pinstripe.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Can someone provide information on button placement for a 1930's the suit jacket? I don't know if the spacing would change, but I was thinking specifically of a 3/2 configuration.

TallErik

New in Town
The thought right now is:

2 or 3 button peak lapel.
High rise pants, single forward pleat.
Cuffs on pants.

Medium/dark blue (not black looking - definitely blue looking!)

Pinstripe.

TallErik

New in Town
One last thought. Is it worth getting into a battle over the.....

Armholes!!

This is likely the biggest difference between modern and vintage clothing. I just don't know if I am up to expressing, or even knowing, exactly what I want.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if they'll give you much option with MTM, which is still going off of pre-made patterns, but do bring it up. The cut edge of the bottom of the armhole should be 1" from your underarm.

Waistcoats may have been 'standard' back then, but two piece suits were certainly around.

TallErik

New in Town
I don't know if they'll give you much option with MTM, which is still going off of pre-made patterns, but do bring it up. The cut edge of the bottom of the armhole should be 1" from your underarm.

Waistcoats may have been 'standard' back then, but two piece suits were certainly around.

Thanks Nick!

I'll keep that in mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner