Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventure! Fedora Lounge Folks in Action!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I recently visited the refugee camps in Central African Republic, where many thousands of people were killed in the last two years, although it never made news here in the US:

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

the white flag on the front of the vehicle gave us a better chance of avoiding being shot by both sides:

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3542_1.jpg

a dugout canoe on the Ubangie River:
IMG_3764.jpg

A boabab tree?
P3122549.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Renault

One Too Many
Blackthorn! Big Man! And others! Thanks for the photos of your adventures! Current caregiver duties has me seconded to the house. Your photos continue to brighten my day. Maybe I'll have new photos by this summer to post!

Thanks again!!!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lately, I’ve been working on developing a “signature look” for when I go out hiking or any kind of “adventure” kind of activities. I’m trying to base the look off of an old photo of my grandfather, Will Brown (1877-1932), taken around 1902 during his Army service in the Philippine Insurrection. I know the shirt he has on is navy blue, and the pants are either a light blue or kaki. I especially like the polka dot silk neck scarf he’s wearing. With a close look, it appears he’s tied it in a regular Windsor type knot like you’d see on a regular necktie. Anyway, seeing the old photo is black and white, there’s no telling if the neck scarf is red or blue (two colors popular with the soldiers at that time).

Here’s a photo of me from the other day with a blue neck scarf.

And one from a couple days ago with a red neck scarf.

Any thoughts on which would be best?

fireman

One of the Regulars
Thanks. I'm leaning towards the blue myself.

The pants would be khaki if in the Philippines. That is what they look like to me. Repros are available. The neck scarf is interesting. Roosevelt's Rough Riders wore a blue polka dot scarf but I don't think it was exactly like that.

Renault

One Too Many
Big Man,

I might suggest these folks for som pretty accurate reproduction clothing for the look you are after.

http://www.quartermasterdepot.com

Also for gear Jerry Lee and What Price Glory is turning out some nice late 19th, early 20th centhey accoutrements. Like haversacks, leather gear, etc. I have one of his 1878 haversacks and they are skookum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic