Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventure! Fedora Lounge Folks in Action!

Amazing view, Big Man!! I need to come visit and go hiking with you guys sometime.

And cruise around.

And have some good martinis after the kids are in bed.:D

Panadora

Practically Family
Did a little hiking in the Linville Gorge with my granddaughter today.
Big Foot and Bare Feet goes hiking :)

I love the mountains :cool:
U32563I1300575246.SEQ.0.jpg

But this picture (preparing for my latest take off) will be ten years old this summer :(
JacHangRed.jpg

Panadora

Practically Family
attachment.php

attachment.php

[video=youtube;TFlzmFccnxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFlzmFccnxg[/video]

Attachments

• Image019.jpg
    Image019.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 800
  • Image020.jpg
    Image020.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 405

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’m not sure if this post should go in the “Families” thread or the “Adventure” thread, so I’m going to post it in both. Hope no one minds.

Today was one of those rare days when the entire family got together at the same time – all four children and spouses, and all four grandchildren. We had a great time on a good, old-fashioned family picnic to Mt. Mitchell. I think the highlight of the trip was when we all climbed to the top of the mountain and my boys and I took our picture in the same spot where we had taken a photo almost 30 years ago. I wish we had the old photo with us so we could have oriented ourselves exactly the same, but you get the idea.

Everything has changed on the top of the mountain since that day the boys and I climbed to the summit of Mt. Mitchell way back in 1987. About the only thing that was the same is the big rock to our right in the old photo and the same rock that's to our left in today's photo.

In the 1987 photo, the boys and I had just finished a four-day hiking trip from Table Rock to Mt. Mitchell (a distance of about 75 miles). As we were standing there in the same spot where we were in ’87, we talked about making a "30 year commemorative hike" in 2017. If we do, I think I want to insist we take about a week to 10 days this time. It’s a whole lot further from Table Rock to Mt. Mitchell now than it was 30 years ago. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass