Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Bravo!...Always good to read positive things about fedoras!:eusa_clap :D ...oh and that Indy fellah...and Steve and Marc of course!:D :D :eusa_clap

MJF

New in Town
warbird said:
Are you a regular on another forum?

Not really, although I do post on the Indygear forum sometimes.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I hope the article I wrote gives some exposure to the Adventurebilt brand. As a writer, I'm fascinated by the few products still out there made by true artisans. There is something so much more satifying and personal about a handmade hat, for instance, than your typical mass produced, mass marketed item. Spielberg and company deserve credit for hiring some real artists to produce the hats for the new Indy film instead of going the easy route with a bigger name hat producer.

I hope this bodes well with the overall quality of the film itself. :fedora:

Regards,

Michael

indycop

I'll Lock Up
MJF said:
Hello everyone,

A freelance writer and fedora lover, I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

For more on the Adventurebilt story and Steve and Marc's involvement with "Crystal Skull," please read the article I wrote for the May issue of Men's Vogue, which is on the newstands now (look for a red sportscar on the cover).

I'm hoping this featurette gives more exposure to a superlative product and the fine gentlemen who produce it.

Regards,

Michael
Welcome! I picked up the mag when I read your post on COW, good article.:D

Marc

Vendor
Sorry for being late:eusa_doh:

I've been pointed towards this thread from a friend of mine...

Ok, regarding the block that Ken is using for his hat line: it's a RAIDERS block, as it has been used on the reg. AB from Steve. The KotCS block is an AB exclusive and will remain so. Anyhow, we believe that we're helping out a fellow hatter who's been proving his commitment towards his customers in the past and are glad to do so.

The Henry (that's how the factory made AB will be named) on the other hand will be made on KotCS blocks, which are similar to the blocks used for HJ back in the late 70's / early 80's (or so we were told - once we see the prototypes, we'll know more).

Regards,

Marc

Marc

Vendor
That is correct. Spielberg didn't want to see this hat "all over the place" before the premiere, so we promised to keep it close to the west(ed);) until then.

However I've already seen some pictures of customers styling their hats to match the CS Fedora down to the very last detail.

Regards,

Marc

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Marc said:
That is correct. Spielberg didn't want to see this hat "all over the place" before the premiere, so we promised to keep it close to the west(ed);) until then.

However I've already seen some pictures of customers styling their hats to match the CS Fedora down to the very last detail.

Regards,

Marc
Gotcha!!:D

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Marc could you confirm ; no posting pics of the KotCS hats until May 22?:)

Guess I'll have to be patient, a box from Germany arrived on my doorstep this afternoon...:)

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
At least tell us about it!!!!:D :D :D :D

The hat is absolutely beautiful. I just keep staring at the darn thing. After all this time of seeing photos of ABs and AB Deluxes here at the Lounge and over on COW, I am amazed to actually be holding one. The felt is luxurious, and it is hard to keep from running my hands over it 24/7. :D

This weekend, the bashing will commence. Somehow, I sense that the Crystal Skull will be shedding a tear...;)

Cheers,
JtL

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
When did you order yours, Alan? I know Steve came out a while back and said that pre-November orders would be out in time for the premiere, but last I heard at COW he was just starting June orders. I didn't get my order in until 15 September, so I'm hopeful but not assured.

PS - JtL, can't wait to see the 'crying' Crystal Skull AB-Dlx!!!

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Lucky dog:D I didn't find COW or FL until mid-August '07, so it took me a little longer to jump on the bandwagon:( Oh well, it'll get here eventually. THen I can finally get my first AB sent back for a resize/shape! I still haven't been able to wear the foolish thing because it's just too big. And South Dakota wind is not kind to loosely worn hats!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
The hat is absolutely beautiful. I just keep staring at the darn thing. After all this time of seeing photos of ABs and AB Deluxes here at the Lounge and over on COW, I am amazed to actually be holding one. The felt is luxurious, and it is hard to keep from running my hands over it 24/7. :D

This weekend, the bashing will commence. Somehow, I sense that the Crystal Skull will be shedding a tear...;)

Cheers,
JtL
I know what you mean!! It's hard to explain the feel of that felt, Art's felt has a feel all its own and the AB has a feel all it's own!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy