Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1960s Type III Jean Jacket

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Tried it on in the factory, but annoyingly it just didn't suit me. I think the Type III is quite a tubular design, which have been something to do with it (Resident denim expert MM may be able to confirm this). Lovely hide though.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is a version that I've always loved, worn by John Lennon on the 'Rubber Soul' LP back in '66: http://www.beatlesuits.com/Beatlesuits_RubberSoulJacket.htm
JohnRubberSoul_zps19bbb637.jpg
rubber-soul-uncropped_zpseac0a3dd.jpg

-dixon cannon

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Also Looks like this:

http://www.johnsonleather.com/images/M-Jean%20Jacket_large.jpg

Last edited:

Alistar79

Familiar Face
I think the chocolate steerhide looks fantastic and i do wonder if it would suit me or not.
Only one way to find out i guess....

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I prefer the Aero version as it has the button closures (like the denim jackets). I don't care for the snaps - or press studs, or whatever they are called.

majormajor

One Too Many
I prefer the Aero version as it has the button closures (like the denim jackets). I don't care for the snaps - or press studs, or whatever they are called.

The Levi split cowhide I had back in the 60's actually had snaps, rather than buttons.

Aero will actually do either:D;)

Edward

Bartender
If it's based on a mid-late Sixties design, it's probably too 'late' to get much traction in these parts. (Was going to suggest looking on VLJ, but I gather it's fashionable to dislike Aero in there?)

majormajor

One Too Many
If it's based on a mid-late Sixties design, it's probably too 'late' to get much traction in these parts. (Was going to suggest looking on VLJ, but I gather it's fashionable to dislike Aero in there?)

The Type III design was introduced in 1961 - which makes it, currently, 52 years old. Surely that is "old" enough?:D;)

majormajor

One Too Many
Stylistically, for most of us round here the fashion world ended in 1959. ;)

That only works, Edward, for folks who are too young to remember buying clothes in the 60's. At least 50% of the stuff revered on here was actually revived (for the first time) during that decade. Where do you think the fashion (in the UK) for US label jeans came from?:D;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails