Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero article

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sadly, the tan-coloured Hippy Jacket pictured in the second piece has been discontinued. One of those things that you don't realise you fancy until its gone... [huh]

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I think I've written that second sentence a few times and about things other than jackets.:D Reading other piece back is weird. A lot of water under the bridge since then, and it's not even a year since it was published.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, I think a nice Stuart tartan lining or something similar would've been suitably psychedelic. :D

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I really like that jacket. I've seen variations of the light tan color/styleon a few vintage jackets-looks like it was big in the 60s and 70s?
Don't know if I'd regret the pockets. I'd probably take two of them off. But I do like the color.

wdw

One Too Many
On a similar theme, I saw the Aero Facebook page and there's loads of photos I hadn't seen before, particularly from the trade show. I may be wrong, but I think a local celebrity slipped into a couple of pics...

I really like that jacket. I've seen variations of the light tan color/styleon a few vintage jackets-looks like it was big in the 60s and 70s?Don't know if I'd regret the pockets. I'd probably take two of them off. But I do like the color.
Not me. Sans 66.6% of the pockets, yes.Man, I do love all the new styles, not just rehashing of models by others, but new ones. Good year for choices, and I like the Thurston offerings as well with a trimmer cut.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think it was Free Wheelers who did a similar style - Ishmael can probably help us out here - and I have to say that I was surprised at how cool it looked. Once I realised it's a waisted jacket, it's proportions don't look so odd. Colour's fantastic. I imagine it'd wear in beautifully.
Not too keen on the zip, to be honest. It's amazing how you get so used to the smaller Talon-style ones, that when you do see the chunky post-50s ones, they look kinda cumbersome.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I think it was Free Wheelers who did a similar style - Ishmael can probably help us out here - and I have to say that I was surprised at how cool it looked. Once I realised it's a waisted jacket, it's proportions don't look so odd. Colour's fantastic. I imagine it'd wear in beautifully.
Not too keen on the zip, to be honest. It's amazing how you get so used to the smaller Talon-style ones, that when you do see the chunky post-50s ones, they look kinda cumbersome.

I imagine it takes a certain type to pull it off, but once aged I'll bet it looks great. Again, probably only a select few can pull it off...and I've no idea what that person looks like. Me? I'll never know. But, I think this design was based off of a line of vintage jackets.
My theory: The person who designed the original was slipping in some kind of drug reference. The overload of pockets has to be a joke of some sorts. It's almost as if they were trying to capture the spirit of a "pusher". In this scenario, I can understand the multiple pockets!

Here's a thread showcasing some similar models:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...Freewheelers-and-Co-2012-13-Collection!/page7

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I imagine it takes a certain type to pull it off, but once aged I'll bet it looks great. Again, probably only a select few can pull it off...and I've no idea what that person looks like.

I'd give it my damndest, Nick! I never back down from a sartorial challenge. Except, perhaps, cowboy boots.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo