Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Cafe Racer - Collar Question

majormajor

One Too Many
You mean getting it wet and raking it over a countertop or something? Probably, but I'm not brave enough to try that.

Lots of info on here re HWT if you search for it. Basically, HH becomes very soft and pliable when sprayed with/immersed in hot water. The shape can then be molded. When it dries, it will take on that shape. Seemples!;)

Don't be afraid of the water. Really. It's hard to imagine, but think about it - what did people do back when they had ONE jacket? They wore it in the rain! We tend to baby jackets that cost over $1000, and I did too at first. But time, and the experiences of those here more knowledgeable set me straight. Just take your time - don't be in a rush. Read the posts on the topic, and you'll be a happy camper! Good luck.

Doublegun

Practically Family
Not to go on a rant here but it always cracks me up when people worry about their leather jackets and especially about their $500 engineer/work boots. Heads up: they are made to take hard ware and the elements. Best advice I ever got about my Aero jackets: wear it like you hate it and you will wind up with the jacket you really want. Just had to get that off my chest.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Not to go on a rant here but it always cracks me up when people worry about their leather jackets and especially about their $500 engineer/work boots. Heads up: they are made to take hard ware and the elements. Best advice I ever got about my Aero jackets: wear it like you hate it and you will wind up with the jacket you really want. Just had to get that off my chest.

Best compliment I've had of my jacket so far: "You wouldn't know you've only had it for six months."

eggleman

One of the Regulars
Don't know if this is just a problem with newer Aero patterns , but the collar on my ''super heavy'' steer-hide Café Racer from around 2003 , never gave me any problems.
Maybe Ken's revisions are reverting to this older pattern ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy