Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Cafe Racer in brown oil pull horse hide

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hi Mexl,

my first two cafe racers have been made from vintage fqhh, that is from the beginning a little bit softer than the fqhh. The oilpull is much softer and a little bit lighter than the fqhh. For me both are fine, the soft oilpull works better with such a trim jacket. If the jacket is trim you have a very small range between still comfortable and unwearable.

If i would order again, I would go for the oilpull.

Regards

Olli

mexl916

New in Town
Similar question concerning your different linings :D

I've read the following information about your linings in your CRs (would be nice if you could add the missing specs):

44 CR
- Tartan lining.
- Have you chosen satin overlay in the sleeves?

42 CR
- Which lining?
- You've got satin overlay in the sleeves.

Current CR
- Gabardine lining
- Have you chosen satin overlay in the sleeves?

Which one do you prefer? If you've not decided for satin overlay in your current CR: Would you add the satin overlay?

Regards to Hamburg from Luebeck :)
Mexl

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Mexl, my first CR had have cotton drill in the sleeves, the current has brown satin overlay in the sleeves. I would go for satin. With satin overlay the slip in is much easier, specially with slimmer sleeves.

Greetings

Olli

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Since the garbadine is no longer ofered, i would go for a tartan. A black CR with a royal stewart tartan with a black satin overlay in the sleeves looks great. But there are also nice tartan if you prefer a brown CR.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That is a ball tearer.....well done....Im digging those pockets.....great jacket , looks fantastic on you.

That is a ball tearer.....well done....Im digging those pockets.....great jacket , looks fantastic on you.
Based on this shot, you very well could be correct lol
8047787090_bda05f67f5_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran