Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Cafe Racer plain back

beaprepp

New in Town
Hi GriffDeLaGriff,

since I saw the second image for the first time, I wanted an Aero Cafe Racer.

Does the third image shows Gachos`s jacket, in vintage black?
I think this is one of the images I can`t open.

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
So true. Multiple cafes in my closet. I rarely use the breast pockets and when I do it is to store something real small like ear plugs. PIA to reach in and get anything.

My final word on pockets.. get one chest pocket just to be traditional and having the extra pocket may come in handy sometime. But also add two interior breast pockets and two zipped side pockets. That's pretty much the classic cafe IMO in the vein of the 141, Style B, etc...

Caffeinated,

It's been mentioned on here a few times, but I'd specify the depth of the chest pocket if you plan on using it. The pocket on my halfbelt is really deep and fairly narrow so it's not that useable, you could maybe put a couple of Churchill cigars in it...

apba1166

A-List Customer
My feeling is to delete all breast pockets, unless you're going to use one for a pack of cigarettes or, as mentioned, want to mimic that "style"--but racers are all about functionality/modernity, not superfluity, so these days unless that cigarette pocket is functioning for you, why have it. I have a cafe racer from long ago, had no breast pockets, two very narrow, small slash pockets that were flush, never used, and a thin inside one with hook closure I did use once in awhile. Sleeker the better.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I like the looks of the 2 breast pockets. It makes your chest look wider :D
Looks is also a function

I think 2 breast pockets and 2 interior pockets gives the best look while still
having somewhere to put the phone and something else (interior pockets)

beaprepp

New in Town
Amand will send me a couple of HH samples.

I just read the thread "Show me your favorite jacket". A lot of your favorite jackets are`t in horsehide.
Would you guys advice me to another hide, or should I go with HQHH?

beaprepp

New in Town
The samples have finally arrived:)

I haven`t known how manny leather types they have.
I think it would be very interesting, to hear some experinces reports, especially about the wearing properties (Trageeigenschaften) and about the aging of the leather.

F/G Horse

Vintage F/G

M/Weight Horse

Oil Pull Horse

Seal Smoth Horse

Seal Goat

H/Steer

JanSolo

Practically Family
Front Quarter Horse (vintage/new):

Heavy, stiff in the beginning but will eventually mould to your body, ages very nicely, almost waterproof due to hot stuffing process

Oil-pull:

Lighter than FQ, pliable right out of the box, scratches quite easily but those scratches can be removed by gently rubbing the surface, not water repellent, depending on batch it can age rapidly or slowly

Seal goat:

My favourite of all hides! Vegetable tanned and thick but not as heavy as FQHH. Very pebbly grain structure with loads of grain variations. VERY abrasion resistant surface that does age slightly with given time. Not as soft and pliable as you would expect when you hear goat. In fact it's almost as stiff as FQHH in the beginning.

Seal smooth horse:

A2 leather! A comfortable mid weight leather which is soft and comfortable right from the start. It doesn't require a lot of breaking-in. Doesn't age as nicely as FQHH does. A fine leather for an all season jacket.

Heavy steer:

Wears like medieval armour, probably the thickest and heaviest hide Aero offers, similar to FQHH but thicker and heavier, also a hot stuffed leather with similar aging properties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy