Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Cafe Racer szie 40 fits lika a 42 CORDOVAN FQHH $650 or best offer

Well im new here and have been looking/researching what jacket to buy.

I have taken the advice on buying used at first to find what you like/dont like before a custom jacket is ordered.

So i found a jacket on ebay and did some research on cordovan fqhh... and what do you know... its this very jacket!

It came in today...and wow the fit has exceeded my expectations. What a quality jacket. Sleeves, chest, everything perfect!

So to all the previous owners... it has found a resting place and wil not be parted with...

Cheers :)

That fantastic jacket was originally mine so I'm really happy to hear that. It was too tight for me but if it fits you, you've scored a perfection. I've never seen a better Aero myself. Wear it good health and post some photos!!! :D

mygar

A-List Customer
That fantastic jacket was originally mine so I'm really happy to hear that. It was too tight for me but if it fits you, you've scored a perfection. I've never seen a better Aero myself. Wear it good health and post some photos!!! :D

Yes i think i did well for my first jacket of this quality. I was concerned about sleeve length... but really like the length. You did well :)

Also, like the zippers, pocket extension for phone... its all fantastic.

It is a little tight when wearing a thick sweater underneith...but in my climate... will not need to do that much. Was planning a 5lb cut... im sure after that i could layer under easily. Im 5'8" and 170...

I will post a pic soon

Last edited:

Fonzie

One Too Many

I have taken the advice on buying used at first to find what you like/dont like before a custom jacket is ordered.

So i found a jacket on ebay and did some research on cordovan fqhh... and what do you know... its this very jacket!

It came in today...and wow the fit has exceeded my expectations. What a quality jacket. Sleeves, chest, everything perfect!

So to all the previous owners... it has found a resting place and wil not be parted with...

Yeah right!... you better leave this place as soon as possible then! It’s a trap! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mygar

A-List Customer
Yeah right!... you better leave this place as soon as possible then! It’s a trap!
emoji16.png

Oh i believe it haha... already thinking what other style i would like. Would like to have 2 or 3 to rotate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Was mine second after Monitor. Amazing jacket!! Sold it and bought a Sheene in brown fqhh then another cafe racer, same size, in midnight blue ( waiting for its completion )

jdiddy

A-List Customer
This jacket is amazing , love it and wanted to pull trigger when I saw but was a little shy with the 32 waist , I’m a 34. But you won the lotto . I only wish i could’ve bought ‘one’ jacket and had it fit like that. I think I’m about 8 or 9 down and still looking for that ‘perfect fit’

mygar

A-List Customer
This jacket is amazing , love it and wanted to pull trigger when I saw but was a little shy with the 32 waist , I’m a 34. But you won the lotto . I only wish i could’ve bought ‘one’ jacket and had it fit like that. I think I’m about 8 or 9 down and still looking for that ‘perfect fit’

Thanks!! Yes, i feel very lucky on the fit. I had a very cheap synthetic department store cafe racer that helped me with the fit. I compared the measurements of it with this one. But still thought that there was a good chance that it may not fit well.

I really like what monitor did with this jacket as i appreciate and gravitate toward vintage style. The slanted front pockets, sleeve zips on top, along with sleeve length just oozes classic style.

Its a very comfortable glove like fit.

Also, i was hoping i would look good in it!! Im not that young anymore etc... was not sure i could pull the look off... but im happy :)

Although its comfortable i believe the fqhh has a ways to still break in... but not sure. First time for me with thick leather like this

Last edited:
Thanks!! Yes, i feel very lucky on the fit. I had a very cheap synthetic department store cafe racer that helped me with the fit. I compared the measurements of it with this one. But still thought that there was a good chance that it may not fit well.

I really like what monitor did with this jacket as i appreciate and gravitate toward vintage style. The slanted front pockets, sleeve zips on top, along with sleeve length just oozes classic style.

Its a very comfortable glove like fit.

Also, i was hoping i would look good in it!! Im not that young anymore etc... was not sure i could pull the look off... but im happy :)

Although its comfortable i believe the fqhh has a ways to still break in... but not sure. First time for me with thick leather like this

Yep, classic vintage cr is what I was going for. TBH, looking at these photos, I can't fathom what possible reasons did I have to move this jacket... It's not like I'll ever get anything better. And this is seriously the heaviest I've had from Aero. It's a beast! Easily outweighs Vanson. I've already had a similar Aero cafe racer only in black and it was literally half the weight of this one so I don't think you'll ever going to have to deal with leather as thick as this again.

It fits you better than it did me.

mygar

A-List Customer
Yep, classic vintage cr is what I was going for. TBH, looking at these photos, I can't fathom what possible reasons did I have to move this jacket... It's not like I'll ever get anything better. And this is seriously the heaviest I've had from Aero. It's a beast! Easily outweighs Vanson. I've already had a similar Aero cafe racer only in black and it was literally half the weight of this one so I don't think you'll ever going to have to deal with leather as thick as this again.

It fits you better than it did me.

Well i think its hard getting a good fit on racers... not much room for error. If i would have custom ordered one... i think i would have ordered something that would not have fit as good.

But yea this jacket a tank. It weighs 5.5 lbs... and with the zipper upgade... its a beast.

But if something doesnt fit well it does not get worn much so i think it makes sense to move on to something that will get use

gregs

New in Town

Hi,
I'm the guy you bought it from. :) I bought it from sweetfights. I'm so happy it finally found a home. That jacket deserves to be worn!

I loved that jacket but it just did not quite work for me. It looks great on you! Enjoy it.

...now I'm back on the search for the perfect one for me :D

mygar

A-List Customer
Hi,
I'm the guy you bought it from. :) I bought it from sweetfights. I'm so happy it finally found a home. That jacket deserves to be worn!

I loved that jacket but it just did not quite work for me. It looks great on you! Enjoy it.

...now I'm back on the search for the perfect one for me :D

Thanks Greg!! The transaction was perfect... thanks for sending it promptly. And good luck on your search :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner