• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Aero halfbelt 11 years on

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Benny Holiday, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Well I had a gig at Throttle Roll in Marrickville on Sunday afternoon, a huge bike show with lots of British bikes and custom jobs. Some neat Triumphs and Nortons there, not enough BSAs, Ariels or Matchless models to be seen though. Anyway, I lobbed out the old Aero for the day, it's like a second skin (of armour) after 11 years of adventures in Australia and across Europe and the UK.

Sonic Aces Throttle Roll 1.jpg Sonic Aces Throttle Roll 2.jpg

It sure came in handy when the cool evening air kicked off after about 4pm. Gotta love that alpaca lining!

Attached Files:

2. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

:cool:

3. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd Call Me a Cab

Damn! I was going to head over and have a look but didnt get there in the end.....sorry i missed you

4. Ah that's a shame mate, it was a good day. I was eyeing off the Royal Enfields after the show! Judging by the corwd there, well over 2,000 people, they'll run it again next year.

5. Peacoat

Peacoat My Mail is Forwarded Here

I love your big hollow body Gibson look alike with the F holes. I'll bet you get great tone with it!

6. She's a beaut Peacoat, you'd love to play her. She's an Ibanez AFJ95, but looks like a '46 Gibson and has a slightly fuller tone than my Epiphone Emperor Regent, which has a lighter sound. Either are great for playing blues and 1940s-based r'n'b. Of course guitars are liked leather jackets, and you always want just one more . . . :)

AeroFan_07, Peter Bowden and Edward like this.
  7. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Also would have LOVED to come down, but headed out of town for the long weekend for our anniversary instead. Sounded like a great event.

8. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd Call Me a Cab

Maybe we should do a Sydney TFL meet up at next years event and grab a drink? At least the weather this time of the year will make it jacket friendly :)

dan_t likes this.
  9. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

This is really cool stuff!

10. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Great pics Wes and the HB looks great. You guys need to do a Scandinavian tour ;)

Hope the family and the littlies are all good!

11. You're right Smithy, it's been six years since we were last in Scandinavia. Family's going great thanks mate, the little guy will be three at the end of August and is a real character at the moment! How's everything with you?

Any of you local guys interested, we have the launch of the new album at Ashfield RSL on Saturday June 25. Barring that, Throttle Roll next year would be a great opportunity to meet up as you say PN, great time of the year to get the jackets out and have a drink or two.

dan_t likes this.
  12. lina

lina One of the Regulars

Picking up my new Royal Enfield this week BTW!

13. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

I love this!

Monitor likes this.
  14. Looking forward to pics when you've got it! Classic Bullet or cafe racer?

15. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Imagine how cool the CR would be on that stage!

16. lina

lina One of the Regulars

Classic 500, maroon chrome. I'm stoked. If I had the time and talent to maintain a real vintage 50s British bike I would, but figure this is the next best thing.

17. lina

lina One of the Regulars

Here it is, with switched out Biltwell seat and modified 1950s style muffler. Been out on it just a few times, but am loving it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. That's one beautiful 'cycle. No wonder you're stoked!

lina likes this.
  19. Antero

Antero New in Town

Hi Benny Holiday, yes it was a great event, i played with Drey earlier, is that my ol' pal Jason Morphett on sax you have there
    Cheers Antero

20. Peter Mackin

Peter Mackin A-List Customer

Just make sure you keep riding it often....I made the mistake of using mine two or three times a year....resulting in chronic wet sumping ....apart from that it was good fun...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    lina likes this.