Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman fit

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
I recently inquired about Vanson fit now I need to know about Aero. I have an Schott 141 in size 48 that fits well, the sleeves are a little long but otherwise it's good. I don't wear suits, don't own one, don't want to, so no suit jacket size but I wear xl in most jackets and clothes. I passed up a chance to buy a highwayman on ebay because I don't know if it wil fit and seller had no returs, that's an expensive gamble for a working guy like myself so help me out, which size Highwayman is gonna fit me?

Graemsay

Practically Family
Why not measure up your Schott, and then email the details to Holly along with any comments like the sleeves being too long, or the waist too loose?

She could probably advise on sizing, and Aero can do things like lengthen or shorten the sleeves and body. It's possible to combine different sizes of jackets (say the chest and shoulders of a 48 with the lower part of a 44), or even add a taper from the chest to the waist.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Hardest thing ever...seeing the Aero sale page, the great prices and no wait-time, and there not being any tall sizes. There was a oil-pull A-2 with a 29 1/2 inch body that sold a while ago, (probably too long if that was the collar-knit measurement), that was right up my alley, but not much. If they had an apprentice made Highwayman in a tall size I would jump on that immediately. Do the apprentices ever practice making tall sizes?

Peacoat

Bartender
The first thing you need to do is to measure your chest with a fabric tape measure (Tailors' Tape). The term "XL" is too vague to be of much use.

Then you need to have the seller give you an accurate pit to pit measurement of the target jacket.

For instance, I have chest measurement of 42". My Highwayman measures 24" in the p2p. It is a snug fit. So if you have a chest size of 44", you would be looking for something with a p2p of about 25". A 46 chest would require about a 26" p2p. Remember, the p2p is only 1/2 of the measurement, so it has to be doubled. That is the reason the p2p measurements don't increase by 2" as the chest sizes go up by 2".

The How To of chest measurement and obtaining an accurate pit to pit measurement is covered in my sticky at the top of the Outerwear section--Peacoat Dating. Disregard the information on obtaining the actual size of the garment, as that pertains only to pea coats. But the information on taking measurements is applicable to all types of garments.

Any questions? Just ask me. I prefer not to have private messages, as my box is always full or almost full.

We are in the process of updating the sizing section, so some screwy things may appear for the next few hours.

Good luck in your search. PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters