Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero King of the Road compared to Sears D-pocket

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Re-visiting. Can Guppy post some photos of the Aero KR? I’m thinking of getting an Aero MC style jacket with a V shape, but I’m concerned with two things: 1) the shoulder profile maybe too horizontal & boxy? Arm
Mobility. 2) body too short, EVEN if you tell them to add inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Re-visiting. Can Guppy post some photos of the Aero KR? I’m thinking of getting an Aero MC style jacket with a V shape, but I’m concerned with two things: 1) the shoulder profile maybe too horizontal & boxy? Arm
Mobility. 2) body too short, EVEN if you tell them to add inches.

This one is definitely a shorter jacket, but I'm not sure that's typical. I picked this up on a Japanese auction, and I assume that the original owner was of shorter stature. I can wear it, but it does feel a tad short on me. I think the shortness of it does tend to accentuate the boxy nature of the body.

What pictures would you like to see?

regius

Hi Guppy, thanks for the prompt reply! Would you mind posting photos of the jacket zipped fully up, then with your arms akimbo, raised etc? and one side/lateral view, thanks.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Ok, just ignore that my shirt collar is screwed up. My photographer is not the most concerned about details.
5e91b2dca8712d3d685345e7b103b0d9.jpg
9b5d255ee727b34311bfccb0a2fad35c.jpg

c6fb02948efab335257dbe3cfa0dfd08.jpg
7c6c6692e2d3b6d58c36ad003e4c7bae.jpg

regius

Guppy, thank you so much for doing this. The mobility looks just like an Aero I guess. I no longer have a HH Sears so can’t compare.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Guppy, thank you so much for doing this. The mobility looks just like an Aero I guess. I no longer have a HH Sears so can’t compare.

I no longer do, either, having sold it months ago.

Looking at these photos, I do wish it was at least an inch longer in the body, especially in the front. I think it's fine with high waisted trousers, but on a bike as a riding jacket I'd want a little more coverage. And it's thick enough by far that it's kind of a waste not to use it for riding.

Hh121

Banned
I am revisit this thread hoping @Guppy can help me with some measurements, what's the back length of this jacket? I wear 25" on highwayman, not sure how much I should spec on this jacket, thank you

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I am revisit this thread hoping @Guppy can help me with some measurements, what's the back length of this jacket? I wear 25" on highwayman, not sure how much I should spec on this jacket, thank you

It's 22.5" from the base of the collar to the back hem. Very short. I think the original owner was probably shorter than I am, it was a Japanese seller who I bought it from. You should ask Aero what their back measurements are rather than go by this example.

Hh121

Banned
It's 22.5" from the base of the collar to the back hem. Very short. I think the original owner was probably shorter than I am, it was a Japanese seller who I bought it from. You should ask Aero what their back measurements are rather than go by this example.
Yes I did, back length on size 42 is 24", not sure if I need 25".

davyjones007

One of the Regulars
You have to take into consideration that motorcycle jackets are meant to be on the short side just like pilot jackets. People who don't ride often say their MC jackets feel short. As a rider, if the jacket is too long, it will bunch up and feel uncomfortable when you ride. Having a bit of a drop in the back is good, but generally you don't want them below your waist when ridding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran