Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Yes, and just think about all of that pattern work. Or NOT having to do all that pattern work.

while designing a totally new model would be a lengthy process in patterning, but as long as you have a finished sample jacket in hand, it is relatively easy to make a pattern of, I imagine, just few pieces of scrap cloth and double sided tape to trace each panel, and then trace it again on thick paper/ cardboard, done. probably the experience in choosing what part of the hide make into what panel to be economical yet worn nicely & visually pleasing, or somebody who know how to tune the sewing machine to make a smooth sewing line on different hides, etc. I guess these experience and skill worth more than just patterning.

what I was trying to say, after reading some of this thread, probably seducing a bunch of experienced and skilled people to jump ship has much bigger effect than plagiarizing some model. while in a war that act is punishable by death, I don't know if there is any law against that in business.

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Maybe we can set up a charity, you know, for people that want to send us money to help us with our terrible problems?

Terrible? I see them as worthwhile and stimulating pastimes and hobbies. Sure beats stamp collecting and bird watching :D

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Terrible? I see them as worthwhile and stimulating pastimes and hobbies. Sure beats stamp collecting and bird watching :D

Ya' see, how we gonna start a charity to subsidize this behavior if you go telling people it's not an affliction?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Apologies for the rolling update last night. I'd skipped over a whole section of my notes and had to go back and add them. Hopefully, that won't be an issue tonight.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Last paragraph of Sloan's Aero Trial Narrative:

"LC also said that they had found a jacket bearing a tag with the name of a former employee who was no longer on the payroll. When WL was asked what was happening, he told them that the former employee "was just keeping his hand in".
She identified the maker as Stephen Toohey, and said that she found he had made 108 jackets while not an employee of Aero."

My Google search of "Stephen Toohey" from LinkedIn showed the following information:

Steve Toohey
Managing Director Alexander Leather Company
Selkirk, Scottish Borders, United Kingdom

Until Sloan's Aero Trial Narrative, I'd never heard of this chap. [huh]

This makes me sad, i have just dealt with Steve whilst having my AL jacket done, and he was nothing but great at dealing with the issues i had!
On one hand he was nothing but a gentleman, on the other hand, this sounds really dodgy...

This makes me sad, i have just dealt with Steve whilst having my AL jacket done, and he was nothing but great at dealing with the issues i had!
On one hand he was nothing but a gentleman, on the other hand, this sounds really dodgy...

I honestly don't think these are bad people at all; it's not like any of them actually schemed to trick people out of money and leather jackets, just that these opportunities to make an extra $ presented to them and before anyone realized it, things got out of hand.

This isn't some middle men after all, the man made 108 jackets.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, it's a bit like going around to somebody's house and getting drunk on their booze, isn't it? You get all the benefit but at no expense to yourself.

Last edited:

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Whatever did happen with Mark Moyle? The last I remember was that he was to be investigated, but the speculation here was that he hadn’t committed a criminal offence. Was any action either criminal or civil ever taken against him by anyone?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That wasn't discussed in the case, so I can't comment. There are going to be a few moments in the trial when there may be more questions than answers...

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I just have a nasty suspicious mind is all.:eeek:

What, like Will and this Toohey guy were making AL stock at the Aero factory for free before the other staff got in, so that when AL opened it's doors, it could sell some jackets to cover its start up costs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats