Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Big J

Call Me a Cab
BigJ, are we talking about the same Paddy?
He can speak for himself of course, but he has never struck me as a follower of any particular brand. He's obviously a connoisseur of 30s and 40s styling and original Irvins (and clearly appreciative of different repro manufacturers whether Good Wear, Aero, Eastman, etc.), but not an Aero fanboy - I've seen enough of those in TFL to know one when I see one.

And 'self righteous windbag' (I didn't see the pre-edit post)? Your take of course, but I don't agree. My original typed response rhymed with 'the spaces cut into the vessel or small clasps raised up from the side of smaller boats that are used to rest oars when the boat is under paddle'.

I apologize.
My comment was unfairly antagonistic, hence I edited it.
I'll delete that comment in totality, and I offer this unreserved apology for any offense taken.

BigJ, are we talking about the same Paddy?
He can speak for himself of course, but he has never struck me as a follower of any particular brand. He's obviously a connoisseur of 30s and 40s styling and original Irvins (and clearly appreciative of different repro manufacturers whether Good Wear, Aero, Eastman, etc.), but not an Aero fanboy - I've seen enough of those in TFL to know one when I see one.

Well..you know this one.
I see nothing wrong or despicable about being a fan of Aero...even 'exclusively'. Since most jacket manufacturers have there own style, hides, price points, among other things. It can come down to personal preference when viewing and researching other's products. This 'Fan Boy' stuff has been run into the ground by those who seem disgusted that Aero is so popular with many...especially with their utility jackets. Any of us can (and do) freely exhibit our pleasure with what we decidedly choose even if others may strongly disagree or may catch unreasonable flak from various directions. I, for one, have no problem being labeled a fan of Aero. Why should I..?? :eusa_doh::cool:
HD

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I didn't use the term Van, and I agree with all that you've just said.

But I was stating that, however you cut it, Paddy could not be labelled as one.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I find it fascinating that Will was describing the Lees and LVC's as 'surplus' on his eBay account. Just as well he didn't have to explain what that meant in court...

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Well..you know this one.
I see nothing wrong or despicable about being a fan of Aero...even 'exclusively'. Since most jacket manufacturers have there own style, hides, price points, among other things. It can come down to personal preference when viewing and researching other's products. This 'Fan Boy' stuff has been run into the ground by those who seem disgusted that Aero is so popular with many...especially with their utility jackets. Any of us can (and do) freely exhibit our pleasure with what we decidedly choose even if others may strongly disagree or may catch unreasonable flak from various directions. I, for one, have no problem being labeled a fan of Aero. Why should I..?? :eusa_doh::cool:
HD

I used the term 'fanboy', and I am one myself. I have seven Aeros. I didn't mean anything derogatory by that word alone. I apologize if I caused confusion.

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
I find it fascinating that Will was describing the Lees and LVC's as 'surplus' on his eBay account. Just as well he didn't have to explain what that meant in court...

I only noticed the account because a pair of 501's I returned to Amanda showed up on eBay. I assumed that this was a legitimate route to move on items that had been returned and could not be sold at full price.
There are lots of legitimate factory shops on eBay. However, unlike legitimate eBay shops, the account was not in the Aero name.

I think at a later date Aero had an eBay outlet known as Aero Warehouse. Possibly Holly's idea

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, as the prosecutor pointed out, anything that wasn't sold on Aero's main pages should have been put on the sale pages. How did you know that they were your jeans btw?

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
It was a pair of shrink to fit LVC 501's. As soon as they arrived I took the labels off and soaked them. One of the rivets fell off the front left hand pocket. Very obvious as there are a few rivets around the pockets. Amanda replaced them without question. I have an LVC search set up on eBay and within a few days saw a pair with the exact same flaw. I emailed Amanda as in "that is a coincidence" and she replied that it was "our very own WL". I suppose what is interesting is that there was no way to tell from the listing that it was anything to do with Aero. Makes sense now of course. Amanda was very helpful and I have the replacement jeans on as I type. That is why I am interested in the possibility of picking another pair up in the sale. Hopefully that does not sound too mercenary, as I have every sympathy for Aero and anyone else who will be caught in the fallout from this.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It is strange to think that purely by joining the firm in 2011, Holly single-handedly stopped the eBaying. I would not have wanted to be in Denny's boots though, having to take over the running of the workshop from a standing start after WL had gone would have been a nightmare

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It is strange to think that purely by joining the firm in 2011, Holly single-handedly stopped the eBaying. I would not have wanted to be in Denny's boots though, having to take over the running of the workshop from a standing start after WL had gone would have been a nightmare

A nightmare not only having to start from scratch but also having to remake the storse jackets, a daunting task in and of itself.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I think Craig should write up the entire "Aero Adventure" in terms of exactly what they accomplished with the odds so against them, and how they not only overcame the problems, but built up new momentum with the recent additions and triumphed finally. It really is a fascinating story, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the big business magazines like Barron's wouldn't be interested.

I just remembered something - two years ago I think it was, at some point, Aero listed a whole bunch vintage leather jackets on eBay, about a hundred of 'em or so. It was announced on their News page that they're selling this stuff due to the lack of space. All sorts of old jackets they were, not a two of the same brand. So, was this also in any way related to WL?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou