Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

I don't get the part where WL fires some chick, and then she marries him!
Such a great way of winning over a lady;
'Come into my office. Bad news is you're fired, good news is I'm free on Saturday night you lucky lady!'?

Yeah, that one got me confused, too. Must be some 50 Shades thing...

pawineguy

One Too Many
Well, @superfluous did manage to get himself banned from the IH forum, as he predicted. What strikes me as odd over there is his rather vague statement that he supplied his info to the police, and that they (he and WL) agreed to "contra" some denim against the jackets. Why not make a stronger statement, along the lines of "I've looked at the accounting and we've paid or made fair exchange for every jacket made for us by Aero." His parsing of words is just adding fuel to the fire. The fact that Aero contacted him about his post on the IH forum, and that they are still monitoring his statements would lead any intelligent person to believe that Aero doesn't feel that the accounts are even.

Well, @superfluous did manage to get himself banned from the IH forum, as he predicted. What strikes me as odd over there is his rather vague statement that he supplied his info to the police, and that they (he and WL) agreed to "contra" some denim against the jackets. Why not make a stronger statement, along the lines of "I've looked at the accounting and we've paid or made fair exchange for every jacket made for us by Aero." His parsing of words is just adding fuel to the fire. The fact that Aero contacted him about his post on the IH forum, and that they are still monitoring his statements would lead any intelligent person to believe that Aero doesn't feel that the accounts are even.

How about a link to these IH conversations. Don't see them on their forum that seems like a maize to search through.

pawineguy

One Too Many
The one person over there who actually hit the nail on the head, besides @superfluous, said the following:

"Am I blind or is there not a hate campaign issue? Some people have mentioned what Iron Heart is going to do and I believe others have stated not to bring Iron Heart into it... additionally, just because someone feels that IH's response is lackluster considering all thats come to light (although I understand why they'd want to be quiet right now), I don't feel that's a hate campaign, it's just an opinion... which people are free to have and I see no problem unless its slander, which I dont think it is."

Last edited:

winterland1

Practically Family
Being a happy costumer of Aero Alexander and Iron Heart it does seem like there is some brand loyalty friction going on. Iron Heart seems to be getting criticized harshly by some for not speaking out more on the situation.
As you can read it is damaging to them personally.
I have to think personally if I had a friend who got in trouble with the law, I would probably still be their friend depending on the seriousness. IH is in a tough situation. From my experience and others, they are a top notch company and its sad to see the animosity going on. Much of it from what they haven't said. That could have been the best thing to do until the case is totally settled.

Interesting read..but I don't really think that the trial narrative and discussion should have been imposed upon their forum. It didn't receive a very warm welcome especially since there wasn't much interest about what had happened between Aero & AL or the later proceedings..as far as I could see. I do understand why the effort was made to get further response from IH...but doing so seemed to accomplish very little except to cause hard feelings between the IHF and FL. I don't want to appear as scolding anyone...but do think those tactics should be handled by those more directly involved,IMHO. [huh];)
HD

pawineguy

One Too Many
Interesting read..but I don't really think that the trial narrative and discussion should have been imposed upon their forum. It didn't receive a very warm welcome especially since there wasn't much interest about what had happened between Aero & AL or the later proceedings..as far as I could see. I do understand why the effort was made to get further response from IH...but doing so seemed to accomplish very little except to cause hard feelings between the IHF and FL. I don't want to appear as scolding anyone...but do think those tactics should be handled by those more directly involved,IMHO. [huh];)
HD

I think what triggered all of this was their clumsy statement that what was happening with WL had nothing to do with AL. As it does appear that there may still be an open dispute with Aero, they are probably in a tough spot right now. Not something that's easily handled gracefully.

On the other hand, @superfluous is (was) a member of that forum, he didn't just join there yesterday to give them a hard time, and he fell on the sword rather then let their statement stand.

I think what triggered all of this was their clumsy statement that what was happening with WL had nothing to do with AL. As it does appear that there may still be an open dispute with Aero, they are probably in a tough spot right now. Not something that's easily handled gracefully.

On the other hand, @superfluous is (was) a member of that forum, he didn't just join there yesterday to give them a hard time, and he fell on the sword rather then let their statement stand.

Yep..true that.

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
I don't think there would be much profit in starting a flame war with another forum, especially one with members who know swear words.
Perhaps Giles was duped as well? It would be interesting to know if any of the mislabelled jackets made their way to IH customers or was it just those who dealt directly with WL (and AS)

wdw

One Too Many
I seem to remember one particularly irate IH customer who got storse and wasn't happy with it and made that known in post after post. Eventually he was given a refund by IH rather than Aero, probably because the companies weren't on speaking terms by then, just to shut him up and make him go away.

I'm guessing that he wasn't the only one affected, but maybe getting dodgy, mis-sold, overpriced leather is less of an issue to denim lovers than it is to leather ones.

Anyway, tonight is storse night, so should be interesting...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I seem to remember one particularly irate IH customer who got storse and wasn't happy with it and made that known in post after post. Eventually he was given a refund by IH rather than Aero, probably because the companies weren't on speaking terms by then, just to shut him up and make him go away.

I'm guessing that he wasn't the only one affected, but maybe getting dodgy, mis-sold, overpriced leather is less of an issue to denim lovers than it is to leather ones.

Anyway, tonight is storse night, so should be interesting...

Actually, Giles wouldn't give him it back, so it was never known for sure that it was. He forced him to accept a refund, even though the guy wanted it back so he could send it to Aero for identification.

Read from p38 on to, I think, p46/47: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...int-Statement/page38&highlight=of+around+11ft

It'll be ready when it's ready...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda