Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero M-422a

Dracorex

Familiar Face
For all you military flight jacket experts out there, is the Aero M-422a an accurate reproduction? The lining is a deep wine color and the left pocket is not wider than the right. I thought the lining of a M-422a was supposed to be a crimson/salmon color and that the left pocket was wider than the right.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I don't think the Aero M422a is an accurate repro. I would look into Bill Kelso's versions, they look more authentic.

thor

Call Me a Cab
The Aero is a basic reproduction and not based on a specific M-422 WWII contract such as Willis and Geiger or Gordon and Ferguson (WWII G&F jackets were known for their wider left pocket and the salmon red lining). Bill Kelso, Eastman and Goodwear all make much better/more accurate reproductions of the iconic M-422a. Even Gibson & Barnes in San Diego makes a nice M-422a repro.

Dracorex

Familiar Face
The Aero is a basic reproduction and not based on a specific M-422 WWII contract such as Willis and Geiger or Gordon and Ferguson (WWII G&F jackets were known for their wider left pocket and the salmon red lining). Bill Kelso, Eastman and Goodwear all make much better/more accurate reproductions of the iconic M-422a. Even Gibson & Barnes in San Diego makes a nice M-422a repro.

Thanks all! I appreciate the info. I was curious if it was based on specific contract. From the description they gave it didn't sound like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda