Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Maxwell - Black FQHH

wdw

One Too Many
My latest acquisition arrived yesterday - Aero Maxwell, black FQHH, 40", no mods, made by Julie, who's done 4 of my jackets now. The lining is just a cheap offcut I chose when I visited the factory, but I wanted something light coloured. I had ordered a 38", but when I visited Aero and tried one on it just seemed a bit tight, so I sized up. It's actually almost identical in dimensions to my 38" Dustbowl, except the DB has a narrower waist.

Worn with Gustin Heavy Americans (also new yesterday) and custom Lennon Derbys - black CXL, commando soles and leather lining. I traded in my Teamster for this, as I prefer my two Stockmans as a longer jacket.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great looking jacket and hope you like your Maxwell as well as I do mine. I noticed your Maxwell is a bit shorter at the waist than mine. Both equally good looks. :thumb:

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Looks great. Sleeves look nice and trim Appears to have nice high armholes too. The Maxwell has quickly become my favorite Aero design. The buttons make it so unique. Dressier in my eyes.

schitzo

Suspended
I do like the chest pocket on these. Did you ask for shorter than standard Eric? If you did I think that was a good idea given the weight of the FQHH. Looks like you've got a good fit on your hands and those sleeves are just the right length

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks guys. Schitzo, there are no mods at all. The length is what I thought was standard. Maybe most others have longer than standard as I think it sells more in the US, where I believe the Thurston spec is longer by default.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Very nice and great fit! Lining is a perfect match as are the boots. The Maxwell is one very cool looking jacket! Enjoy the break in!

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
wdw:
Very nice! I am enjoying my Maxwell, immensely; your jacket is clearly shorter in torso length than mine. As my Teamster is "in transit" so to speak, a question, what did you find more appealing about the Stockman?

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks again for the kind words, guys.

Dr.Seuss, I have nothing at all against the Teamster, as for a long time it was my favourite jacket. I got two Stockmans after the Teamster and they came to be my go-to longer jacket simply because of their pure simplicity of cut and look and also because of the useful pockets.

After getting my Dustbowl, I came to like the short look more than I expected when I had an HWM, so when I wanted a short black jacket and didn't want to spend full price, something had to go. I traded in the Teamster because it rode the middle ground, neither short nor long.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks again for the kind words, guys.

Dr.Seuss, I have nothing at all against the Teamster, as for a long time it was my favourite jacket. I got two Stockmans after the Teamster and they came to be my go-to longer jacket simply because of their pure simplicity of cut and look and also because of the useful pockets.

After getting my Dustbowl, I came to like the short look more than I expected when I had an HWM, so when I wanted a short black jacket and didn't want to spend full price, something had to go. I traded in the Teamster because it rode the middle ground, neither short nor long.

Eric, you make a valid point regarding the Teamster treading the middle ground between short and 3/4 lengths. If I lived where you do, I would doubtless own a Stockman, but my Teamster with a 28.5" back is long enough for N Texas. My Mulligan and Maxwell both fit a bit longer in the body than your Maxwell as I wear mine to work with slacks, shirt, and tie at times instead of a sports coat and need a slightly longer body length (26.5" to 27"). I will say that your Maxwell really looks great, and it appears that you now have a leather jacket wardrobe for all seasons.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran