Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero natural Vicenza

X83

One of the Regulars
Here you go:
Stunning jacket! I received my Nat. Vicenza Aero Type III back in early May. I gave it a brief 3 hour sun bath - 1.5 hr per front/back. It did darken a bit. Way too hot here to wear outside but I do wear for a few hours now and then to help break it in more. The Natural Vicenza is amazing and yours is a testament to how the leather can transition into a beautiful jacket over time.
Do you also embrace the stains and everything that comes with it cause I was totally misinformed about this jacket but now I understand

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Great to see you haven’t totally disappeared @Sloan1874.
I try to dip in every so often. I don't feel I have much to contribute much at the moment; work is very full-on and most of my discretionary cash is being swallowed by the house that we bought a few years ago - it's an old property that's taken a lot of overhauling and refurbing. The most I can stretch to is the odd bit of Japanese denim at the moment.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Do you also embrace the stains and everything that comes with it cause I was totally misinformed about this jacket but now I understand
No real marks/stains as the jacket is still new except for the extensive creasing of the sleeves and other areas that are affected by movement. I did apply a light leather conditioner (as I did w/my Navy Vicenza T-3) and some small areas became temporarily darker but evened out. I do realize the jacket will eventually acquire battle scars and such but until then I'll enjoy the pristine appearance. The Vicenza HH leather is really exceptional in both jackets.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Damn, that's quite a collection @X83 , mostly Aero and Schott I see? 2 of the Aero jackets still have tags on them?
What's the plan with actually wearing all of those? :)

Good luck on your natural leather jacket journey.
Keep this thread posted every few months, interesting to see the development.
I'm still gathering courage but I think my next jacket will also be a natural one, with all the joy and stress that comes with it. Threads like this one and the "Pale rider" one are inspiring in this regard.

X83

One of the Regulars
Damn, that's quite a collection @X83 , mostly Aero and Schott I see? 2 of the Aero jackets still have tags on them?
What's the plan with actually wearing all of those? :)

Good luck on your natural leather jacket journey.
Keep this thread posted every few months, interesting to see the development.
I'm still gathering courage but I think my next jacket will also be a natural one, with all the joy and stress that comes with it. Threads like this one and the "Pale rider" one are inspiring in this regard.
I love them all and I will wear them all but this natural Vicenza seems to be what’s going to need the most attention at the moment I’m looking fed to the fall so I can wear every single one

X83

One of the Regulars
Ok so I have an update on Vicenza natural sun burst so I caught a nasty stain and we’ll got carried away with cleaning it and ruined the yoke on my jacket after some searching I found that it was a gift and curse because I came across Johnson leathers they are amazing people and answered any questions I had so I made s small project out of my jacket and I could not be more happy I had the yoke switched with a horween cxl in burgundy and now I’m having them build me a jacket that I’m designing with them

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpeg
    IMG_0099.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0098.jpeg
    IMG_0098.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 72

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
They can do a lot can’t they. But be careful with alterations. Going two tone is addictive. It can be like just fixing the sink to full kitchen reno…
IMG_0435.jpeg

X83

One of the Regulars
They can do a lot can’t they. But be careful with alterations. Going two tone is addictive. It can be like just fixing the sink to full kitchen reno…
View attachment 542012
Wow that’s amazing I’m starting a new jacket from scratch I will post it I’m going to be using phantom black and burgundy I’m am excited they also slimmed the sleeves on my aero type 3 and made it slim fit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner