Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero natural Vicenza

X83

One of the Regulars
Im starting my journey with my natural Vicenza sunburst from aero i would like to start this thread for those to post pics and exchange stories about and info about this particular leather please feel free to post the pictures of your jackets progression
IMG_0279.png

Last edited:

X83

One of the Regulars
Im starting my journey with my natural Vicenza sunburst from aero i would like to start this thread for those to post pics and exchange stories about and info about this particular weather please feel free to post the pictures of your jackets progression View attachment 534568
This is day one of soaking in the sun

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Lovely jacket. I'm four years into my journey. I recommend giving it a wipe down with water initially, otherwise you'll find the endless random waterdrop stains will drive you nuts.

X83

One of the Regulars
Lovely jacket. I'm four years into my journey. I recommend giving it a wipe down with water initially, otherwise you'll find the endless random waterdrop stains will drive you nuts.
Well that definitely answers one question for so please explain should I use a wet rag or damp rag and do I let it air dry or wet rag then let it soak up son

X83

One of the Regulars
Also any chance I could see a picture of your jacket in current stage

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I used a sponge and some tepid water. I just let it air dry, mainly in the sun when possible. Here's a few pics from back in the day. It's darker now and has a lot more marks. You have to develop a relaxed attitude to getting marks and smudges on it btw. It's that new guitar thing: the first time you get a knock or a scratch, it's like a death in the factory. After that, you learn to live with it.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-wayfarer-raw-horsehide-pic-heavy.97041/page-4

X83

One of the Regulars
I used a sponge and some tepid water. I just let it air dry, mainly in the sun when possible. Here's a few pics from back in the day. It's darker now and has a lot more marks. You have to develop a relaxed attitude to getting marks and smudges on it btw. It's that new guitar thing: the first time you get a knock or a scratch, it's like a death in the factory. After that, you learn to live with it.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-wayfarer-raw-horsehide-pic-heavy.97041/page-4
Ok that makes sense I already got a mark on it that drove me insane so trying to learn as much as I can

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The soaking and tanning turns it a honey colour, which help soften any marks. I almost ditched mine when I got a smudge on the chest pockets from a shoulder strap. Once I'd calmed down, I set about the soaking and tanning (in the sense of a sun tan, if you get me), and the marks faded into the overall look of the jacket. After a while it takes on a really cool sheen. It's the jacket I get the most compliments on.

X83

One of the Regulars
The soaking and tanning turns it a honey colour, which help soften any marks. I almost ditched mine when I got a smudge on the chest pockets from a shoulder strap. Once I'd calmed down, I set about the soaking and tanning (in the sense of a sun tan, if you get me), and the marks faded into the overall look of the jacket. After a while it takes on a really cool sheen. It's the jacket I get the most compliments on.
Yes same has happened to me I just now gave it a soak with damp cloth now letting it dry do you have a repeat system for this or just a one Tim soak and the rest just sun

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I did two or three times, with an air-dry in between. It will only darken to a certain point initially, tbh. After that, you just need to wear and not worry about it.

X83

One of the Regulars
I did two or three times, with an air-dry in between. It will only darken to a certain point initially, tbh. After that, you just need to wear and not worry about it.
Done deal your jacket looks beautiful I hope we can get people to post there jackets here and possibly help by sharing info like this thank you

X83

One of the Regulars
From what I’m starting to understand from veg tan jackets is that the stains are inevitable and at some point wanted so that it all blends into a beautiful jacket with dark color and patina a personal jacket that tells your story

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Four years of regular, non-gentle wear. We've had a warmer than usual summer, so it's not got the usual run out this summer, but it's a great jacket and really does get better with every passing year. I have seen one that was worn as a motorcycle jacket, and while impressive, I'm not sure It's the look I'd go for.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Here you go:
Stunning jacket! I received my Nat. Vicenza Aero Type III back in early May. I gave it a brief 3 hour sun bath - 1.5 hr per front/back. It did darken a bit. Way too hot here to wear outside but I do wear for a few hours now and then to help break it in more. The Natural Vicenza is amazing and yours is a testament to how the leather can transition into a beautiful jacket over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner