Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Pre-Production Sample Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I am hoping that Aero introduces more jackets with button closure.

Hey Fanch, careful what you wish for. If only a couple of three jackets with buttons but they're all used and the buttons go in easily. The ONE jacket that's NOT broken in the buttons are an absosolute bear to get in. Sometimes my hands ache from fastening. No... gimme a zip on a new jacket anyday.

Worf

wdw

One Too Many
To be fair, buttons are only painful for the first few days. The wider flat buttons are the worst, but the smaller round ones aren't much bother.

I prefer the button look.

Edward

Bartender
Interesting to see them rethinking some bits like that. Interesting designs... I would like to see something like number two in the line, but personally would prefer it to have slash pockets and a besome-style breast pocket.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
To be fair, buttons are only painful for the first few days. The wider flat buttons are the worst, but the smaller round ones aren't much bother.

I prefer the button look.

I prefer the button look too. If Worf has a difficult time with the buttons though, imagine what those of us of more limited strength must go through to break in the button holes on one of these monsters! :eeek: I am told that the leather football buttons are easier to use than the flat plastic ones. I'll find out when my Teamster arrives in the next few days. ;)

Toggle jackets are probably the best of both. You can even fasten with gloves, but obviously they don't look good on certain styles. I don't zip/button up much here, so I don't care, but I do like the button look too.

Plumbline

One Too Many
As Mr T once said famously when playing BA Baraccas (sp) .. Buttons and FQHH ... PAAAAIIIINNNN

It took 4 years for me to be able to use the ones on the Barnstormer and I STILL ( after 8 years) only use 2 on the Brown VDR. I avoid buttons on FQHH AND STEERHIDE .. even Tumbled / Vintage I'm afraid, they're just not worth the hassle. On lighter hides they are OK though ( Goat, Mid Weight HH etc.)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
My girlfriend's brother in law was down on the coast, and he saw waves that, as they crashed on to the shore, they partially froze and sent shards of ice everywhere. Now that's zip weather. :eeek:

schitzo

Suspended
I have no idea how it came to this, but in my calendar this is certainly more exciting than xmas ever will be again. I wonder how many new ones thee'll be? And is the word that they're dropping on April 1st, or later on in April? Just had a look on the website now and I don't see any clue or any mention of any of this.

Of those first 2 I actually like the first one better. Sure the pockets look a bit big, but on me with my lanky frame the thing'd be longer so they'd take up less space. That one looks pretty decent I'll be very interested to see how they've improved it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany