Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Premiere 1930s Half Belt Russet Badalassi- SQUEAKING

bpowell97

New in Town
Help needed.

I love this jacket to death. It’s truly incredible, the fit is fantastic, the leather is a sugary sparkling shade of orangish brown, and I look forward to seeing it break in and patina.

HOWEVER, the squeaking is ridiculous. I’ve heard shotguns quieter than this jacket’s squeaking. I swear, just moving my arms is enough to wake up the entire neighborhood. It’s genuinely made walking around difficult. When I wear this jacket I want to turn heads because of the sheen and sparking beauty of the leather, not because people look around expecting to see an army of ducks in rubber boots.

Do people know of any sure fire way of reducing the squeak of a jacket??? If so, please let me know. If it involves applying a product, I’m looking for a product that will not affect the appearance of the leather much.

Stop the squeak!

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8889.jpeg
    IMG_8889.jpeg
    704.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_8887.jpeg
    IMG_8887.jpeg
    757.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_8886.jpeg
    IMG_8886.jpeg
    798.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_8884.jpeg
    IMG_8884.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_8882.jpeg
    IMG_8882.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_8883.jpeg
    IMG_8883.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 129

moktabe

One of the Regulars
Have 3 Aero Badalassi jackets here and, as you say, you can wake the neighbours up as you leave the house.

The good news for you is that the more you wear it it'll become quieter although not overnight.

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
From my experience, though I have none with Badalassi, new jackets stop squeaking eventually, just wear it and it should get better.

Faux59

New in Town
At least that jacket looks great. My Aero Badalassi should be ready in the next week.

Bick 4 is known for not changing the color of leather maybe give that a try but I too would just keep wearing that jacket even around the house until it loosens up.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Mine still squeaks as the old spring mattress of teen lovers during summer break...
I suppose it ain't gonna go away so soon, and I agree, it is annoying.
I think I never seen anyone around here other than @MrProper who had their Badalassi jacket and actually wore them for more than say, couple years. And it seems like the story is the same: the squeak is there but it got a little subdued. I think it is just that we get more used to it, in fact. The squeak continues there lol

mtrlr

One of the Regulars
Leather that squeaks will always squeaks, I don't have Badalassi jacket, but my Vanson Enfield with comp weight still squeaks as loud as new, after more than 5 years and completely broken in. It squeaks less when completely wet though.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I’m gonna try to polish mine with beeswax this week and report back in a month or so. It’s a double edge sword. The clear coat on the top protects the leather but is also making the squeaky noise. Any conditioner just wears off or soak through and squeak comes back. I have a hunch that beeswax may work but jacket has so much more surface area to polish than a pair of shoes and I just haven’t got around to do it…

PilotJens

A-List Customer
Sometimes conditioners with wax help to minimize it .It depends on the surface treatment.Acrylic top coats create a loud squeak and quiet down once worn off. Wear it around the house

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
This. It depends a lot on coefficient of friction (CoF) where leather surfaces rub against each other. If there is a lot of friction, there will be squeaking. That is why surface waxes work, because they have lubricating properties (like on ski bottoms!). They wear out eventually, though, and squeaking may return. I used to work in industrial coatings, and we used to put waxes directly into some coatings to minimize the friction and improve the lubricity, permanently. Obviously acrylic leather coatings don't have that because CoF is not a priority for them.

Faux59

New in Town
Mine lands this week!

I didn't give squeeky Badalassi much thought until this thread now I'm second guessing my decision! Lol

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Mine lands this week!

I didn't give squeeky Badalassi much thought until this thread now I'm second guessing my decision! Lol
For you or anyone curious here’s a review from a lounger of a PHWM in badalassi, you can hear the sqeaks. He also has a review of another badalassi leather jacket, a Shangri-la.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For you or anyone curious here’s a review from a lounger of a PHWM in badalassi, you can hear the sqeaks. He also has a review of another badalassi leather jacket, a Shangri-la.

No thanks. A few influencers (and would-be ones) have made accounts here but I’d hardly call them Loungers. They just come on here and link their clickbait videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner