Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero sale items? and other questions

irow

New in Town
hello

I am considering getting an horsehide A2 or a horsehide G1 from aero, i see they have a sale section, what is the difference between the sale items and the normal selection?

i live in toronto, canada, how much would shipping be from the UK to here for one jacket? did anyone here from canada order a jacket and get charged additional taxes, duties, customs upon delivery? what shipping company does aero use?

what is the difference between the a2 and the g1, other than the fur collar?

how does sizing work for the a2 and g1? when they say size 40 is it really 20inches pit to pit (true to size), or are the jackets oversized? this is what i am nervous about when ordering online. i am also worried about the sleeve length, but leather stretches right?

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
If you send them an email specifying the particular sale jacket that you are interested in, they will reply with the measurements. Amanda answered all of my emails and was very helpful.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Do some searching/browsing on this site and you can easily get your questions answered. A size 40 leather jacket will usually have a minimum of 21-inch pit to pit and that would be a very slim fit. I'm a size 40 and I like a 22-inch pit to pit. A size 40 jacket is designed for a person with a 40-inch chest measurement, but you need some extra room to wear sweaters, sweatshirts, etc. - not to mention breathe, cough, laugh, etc - so manufacturers build in a little extra room.

irow

New in Town
i see. i did do some searching and reading and not every answer came up, so if anyone can answer the questions to help that would be great.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The most important and complex questions that you brought forth relates to sizing, and everything else is mostly window dressing. Different jackets in Aero's line-up are sized differently, and a mid-weight horsehide 42-15142-P Type A-2 in size 40 will not fit like a heavy front quarter horsehide Highwayman in size 40, and neither will fit like a vintage front quarter horsehide 1930's Half Belt Slim Fit jacket, and so on. In any case, your best and only option is to contact Amanda prior to placing any order, providing her with as much information as possible.

However, before proceeding with spending hundreds of dollars for any jacket, you should first do extensive investigation so that you will understand exactly what you are buying. I suspect that most of us place at least some importance on the history and specific use of each jacket that we buy.

irow

New in Town
how long does it take for aero to respond to emails, i sent a couple a days ago

in the meantime can some1 answer the questions in the first post

wdw

One Too Many
Aero normally respond within hours or even minutes. They're on holiday this week and have an out of office response.

As to their sale items, they're usually uncollected orders, orders returned unworn or prototypes - in other words new, but priced for a quick sale.

schitzo

Suspended
as the out of office reply would have indicated, it takes them until they get back from their 1 week October holiday, which will be the 15th.

Info about g1s and A1s is all over the net. Perhaps you could try a search engine, I believe there is a popular one called google that is doing rather well at the moment

As it says above, true to size is not 20" pit to pit for a size 40 since extra room for movement is needed.

However, as a rule of thumb these military jackets are tighter fitting than the majority of the other (civilian) jackets offered by Aero

Hope this helps

irow

New in Town
as the out of office reply would have indicated, it takes them until they get back from their 1 week October holiday, which will be the 15th.

Info about g1s and A1s is all over the net. Perhaps you could try a search engine, I believe there is a popular one called google that is doing rather well at the moment

As it says above, true to size is not 20" pit to pit for a size 40 since extra room for movement is needed.

However, as a rule of thumb these military jackets are tighter fitting than the majority of the other (civilian) jackets offered by Aero

Hope this helps

there is no need for the snarky response.

i sent the emails by the webform on thier website, they did not reply at all with an "out of office" reply.

wdw

One Too Many
Fair enough. Today I emailed direct to amanda@aeroleatherclothing.com and got the out of office.

Wouldn't surprise me if most people here had that in their contact list and didn't bother with the webform other than for the first ever contact.

schitzo

Suspended
fair enough. But when you log onto the homepage of the aero website in the top left corner of that page details of the current holiday period are provided

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Galashiels is a big textile production area and this week is a holiday week in the rag trade, so Aero is shut down for the duration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt