Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Speedway

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi,

I'm really liking the look of the Speedway, I'd only go for it if they have the Blue Black Goat still available, I'm just waiting to hear back if they do. Does anyone have one yet or any insights on it? I haven't been able to find much here about the style.

ProteinNerd

In case anyone is interested, all of the blue-black goat is already allocated to existing orders so it's no longer an option :eeek:

Some photos of my "Speedway" with the blue/black hide;

IMG_0126_zps2d28eedc.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_0131_zpsa56285c6.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_0137_zps8706713e.jpg
[/URL]

It is a slim body design akin to a cafe racer.
I would not change a thing about it. The "blue/black" goat hide is a certainly part of the appeal. I'd check with Aero about other options.

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Hit up Carrie re the blue steer she can source from the US. The stuff is amazing

ProteinNerd

Thanks for the photos Jeff, it looks great.
I've found one of the original LVC distressed versions online, the measurements I've been given seem really short though. With 19" shoulders, apparently it's only 20 3/4" at the back....yours doesn't seem that cropped?

My roadster and Detroit are the same shoulder width but have at least a few inches in length at 24" and they aren't long by any means...

As for asking aero about other options, it's the particular hide that I find intriguing, I've got plenty of jackets now. 2 x brown, black and seal, I'm only considering something that is really different and I don't have a goat jacket either yet. I have asked if they expect to get more in at some stage but I haven't heard back from Holly yet.

Not sure if the "full on" blue is my thing either.

No, my Speedway isn't that short at all. Don't have the length, but I'd suspect it's at least 25 1/2 inches at the back. (That's what I like my A2's at, and this hits around the same region.)
I gather the original Levi models are a bit odd in their sizing, though 20 3/4" length sounds awfully short. I'd wonder if it was measured correctly.

ProteinNerd

I've heard back from Holly, they have definitely allocated all the Blue Black Goat and it won't be available again as an option which is a real shame imo.

On the plus side, I have secured one of the original Levi Vintage Versions in my size. I'm hoping the back measurement is wrong (surely it cant be THAT cropped). Anyway there is a 14 day return policy on the sale if it doesn't fit. I'll definitely post up some pics/review when it arrives.

I've heard back from Holly, they have definitely allocated all the Blue Black Goat and it won't be available again as an option which is a real shame imo.

On the plus side, I have secured one of the original Levi Vintage Versions in my size. I'm hoping the back measurement is wrong (surely it cant be THAT cropped). Anyway there is a 14 day return policy on the sale if it doesn't fit. I'll definitely post up some pics/review when it arrives.

Good Stuff! Post pic's when it arrives.

ProteinNerd

The LVC Blue/Black goat "speedway" finally arrived just as I was heading out the door for a business trip for a few days.

It really is only 20.5 inches from the base of the collar to the bottom of the back! It just covers the belt at the back and has a few inches drop at the front....very cropped so definitely has some differences to the photos that Jeff supplied, also couldn't feel the light shoulder pads mentioned on the Aero site.

I think it fits well everywhere, just not too sure about how cropped it is...I've just hit 40 and don't know how much longer I can get away with wearing such a cropped jacket lol.

Will post pics this weekend.

The LVC Blue/Black goat "speedway" finally arrived just as I was heading out the door for a business trip for a few days.

It really is only 20.5 inches from the base of the collar to the bottom of the back! It just covers the belt at the back and has a few inches drop at the front....very cropped so definitely has some differences to the photos that Jeff supplied, also couldn't feel the light shoulder pads mentioned on the Aero site.

I think it fits well everywhere, just not too sure about how cropped it is...I've just hit 40 and don't know how much longer I can get away with wearing such a cropped jacket lol.

Will post pics this weekend.

This comes to mind: lol

short2.jpg

wdw

One Too Many
Wow, 20.5 is seriously short. Suppose it depends what height you are. Looking forward to the pics.

Jeff's looks great, by the way.

Butte, that looks like a jacket designed by a committee, or maybe someone who overthunk the mods.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80