Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Tumbled Front Quarter Horsehide?

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
That's a beautiful jacket, like many I would jump on the offer but for the size. It pays to be a a size 38 as there are seemingly many more jackets available in that size range. At a solid size 48 L the choices are fewer and the competition stiff.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'll let you know... I just scored a Size 52 Long Halfbelt. Don't know when it'll get here but when it does we'll both know. I assume that Aero's chest measurements are NOT Euro sized? So a 52 IS a 52 not a 44 incher?

Worf

Edward

Bartender
Yes. Aero size by the chest measurement (in inches) of the intended wearer. Uk system, same as the US, not the system used in the rest of Europe where they seem to add ten to the number for no reason I can discern.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Worf, are you trying to corner the market on big Aeros? :D

Shhh.... You're upsetting my plans for world wide domination. I just figured that the price of that new LHB was too tasty to let pass. So I don't eat out for 2 months... if all works out I'll have 2 FQHH Aero's one buttoned one zipped and I can scratch that itch finally. All I need now is a Black, HH A2 and I'm set but that'll hve to wait a while now. How's things on your side of the pond? PM me let me know how you're doin.

Worf

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Worf, my whole family could fit inside that LHB you just snagged. Be sure to post pics and let us know what you think of the tumbled FQHH.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Worf, my whole family could fit inside that LHB you just snagged. Be sure to post pics and let us know what you think of the tumbled FQHH.

That's funny... Wait a minute... Hey! I resemble that remark! LOL, actually, I've lost about 70 pounds over the last 3 years. I've a TON of old coats on the couch downstairs headed to Goodwill in the morning. Lots of charities looking for winter coats with some life left in em. I'm glad I can fit in a 52. I won't stop until I'm a 48 and can buy off the rack. I'm already fitting in a 48 A1 I bought on here in September. Onward and Downward! (in weight that is).

Worf

tonypaj

Practically Family
I've got one... Mine is way more grainy than the regular FQHH, not as stiff, a bit like "the Real Deal" A-2 in comparison to the smooth A-2s, the grain is not the same in all panels, which is just what I want. We'll see how it ages. I'm happy with the jacket, however pictures will not be forthcoming... Anyway, we're getting our fair share of snow, my go to jacket for the next few days will be the trusty N3B or if the snow stops, a B-3...

Cooperson

One Too Many
So, is the tumbled front quarter horsehide tanned in the same way as the regular FQHH or is it more like the medium weight hide?

tonypaj

Practically Family
So, is the tumbled front quarter horsehide tanned in the same way as the regular FQHH or is it more like the medium weight hide?

More like a regular FQHH to me, but I have no clue how the tanning process went, and what anybody did afterwards. But I do know that the jacket feels different from regular FQHH. And the feel most definitely is not like an A-2, either. I know this helps little, sorry...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany