Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aeroleather B-3 Jacket from WWII ?

tempesh

New in Town
Hello,
from my girlfriends family comes this Aeroleather B-3 jacket, which her grandfather a german airforce pilot probably traded with an USAF pilot. Unluckily size 38 which is way to small for me. Can someone comment if the Prym zipper is original and with the manufacturers label is it possible to tell me the exact age of the jacket?
Thanks a lot, more images on my website:

tempesh

New in Town
Manufacturer Label

sorry i forgot to post the Label numbers/code:

The Manufacturers Label says:

Type: B-3
DWG. NO. 33H5595
C. ORDER NO. 42-22899-P
Size 38

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Very cool if you knew more details about the trade, that alone would make a good story. Zipper is replaced, maybe a buckle too.
edit it looks like maybe just the zipper pull was replaced. would be nice to get the right pull and put it back on...

tempesh

New in Town
Phantomfixer, thanks for your knowledge and sharing it. I will try to digg deeper in that story and might as well find some photos in the family albums.

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
There are some here that will tell you when the jacket was made by contract number. hope they check in..thanks for posting a neat B3 and good luck witht he reasearch...BTW tried to get a military hop to Germany last week, no luck, got to to Spain instead...
John

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Your original Aero B-3 dates to early 1942. The waist belts appear to be from flying trousers braces. Originally this jacket would have had a Talon zipper fitted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner