Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Agatha Christie's "Poirot"

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
does anyone here enjoy that show? the period clothing, especially for the women and Colonel Hastings is simply fabulous. everything from evening to safarii.

i have my eyes out for that little pin poirot wears on his lapel all the time.

rsg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Now are we talking about the David Suchet 'Poirot'?
cast.jpg

Or the Peter Ustinov versoin of 'Poirot'?
poirot.jpg

Personally I prefer David Suchet. He brings a great ego and uptightness to the character. Very spot on.
And, might I add, if they ever did a remake of Casablanca (Heaven forbid!) David Suchet would be a perfect Capt. Renault.
What can I say? An ill spent early 20's with BBC America. Along with Poirot, I totally enjoyed the Sharpe series.

Cheers!

Dan

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
David Suchet

DanielJones said:
Now are we talking about the David Suchet 'Poirot'

I love most all of the the PBS Mystery series but especially Poirot. I particularly appreciate the attention paid to details in set, location and wardrobe selection. Of course, Mr. Suchet offers a consistently sterling performance.

Feraud

Bartender
I enjoyed the Poirot series very much. The story, acting, and costumes were perfect!
RedShoesGirl said:
i have my eyes out for that little pin poirot wears on his lapel all the time.

rsg
..it a flower holder isn't it? I have always wanted one too.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Ah, but does this not fit the way which is used by the Madame Christie when she imitates a French manner of speech? Or Belgiann, foer that mattoer?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Feraud said:
A interesting fact about David Suche's voice. He raises it for the role of Poirot. His actual speaking voice is quite low.

You're right. I've seen him in a few movies where I almost didn't recognise him with a toupee and his normal voice..

matei

One Too Many
I saw him recently in a comedy... I forget what it was called, but he played the role of an in-denial arms dealer/terrorist type.

The film was lousy, but he was very good.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
matei said:
I saw him recently in a comedy... I forget what it was called, but he played the role of an in-denial arms dealer/terrorist type.

The film was lousy, but he was very good.

albert_brooks7.jpg

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
I love the Poirot, Midsomer Murders, & PBS Mystery Theatre...Miss Marple,etc.
Pretty much any of the English Mysteries! I am a sucker for them all.

I do love Peter Ustinov because when I was a little girl he was my introduction to the Agatha Christie murders. I bought this box set a year ago & always enjoy watching them on those rainy days.

David Suchet is a fine Poirot also, so I have no objection to his style.
What a delightful topic. I can't tell you how happy I get on a Saturday evening when I see a good english mystery on.

Snookie

Practically Family
David Suchet has also read many of the Poiret mysteries for audiobooks, and they are excellent! He does all the voices, so except for Poiret he uses his English accent -- it shocked me when I saw the TV show and he stayed in the Belgian accent the whole time! (boy do I feel dumb)

If you're interested, check your local library for the audiobooks. Most libraries have a decent collection of Agatha Christie.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I've read a couple of the stories, and they are excellent--I've really enjoyed them!

I love the Poirot, Midsomer Murders, & PBS Mystery Theatre...Miss Marple,etc.
Pretty much any of the English Mysteries! I am a sucker for them all.

I enjoy pretty much all of them as well. Have you seen the show "Drop Dead Gorgeous"? That's one of my favorites--the fashions were amazing :)

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
I also enjoy the Poirot series, and watch it on the Biography channel several times a week.

For fans of Miss Marple, there is a series by Patricia Wentworth called Miss Silver, these books also feature an elderly lady detective and are very enjoyable.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
LOVE it! The character of Poirot has always been one of my favorites. I think I've read every Agatha Christi book with him in it, if I haven't, I'd be really suprised!

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
Oh, I am a total British murder mystery FREAK! Totally addicted to ALL of them. As you can also see from my avatar!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo