Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Boomerang

One of the Regulars
Am I the only one who noticed, or found it amusing, that the the standard "Camp Draft" is spelled with two words, whereas the "Campdraft Deluxe," spells it as a single word? I'm going by the sweat band labeling here, not anything in print.

I know it is a meaningless point, but it strikes me as odd.

BlackSmp

New in Town
Am I the only one who noticed, or found it amusing, that the the standard "Camp Draft" is spelled with two words, whereas the "Campdraft Deluxe," spells it as a single word? I'm going by the sweat band labeling here, not anything in print.

Cool discovery

Attachments

• IMG_2695.jpeg
    IMG_2695.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30

I’ve found it odd too, and I’ve wondered why the disparity. Since the name comes from the Australian riding competition known as campdrafting, I’ve always spelled it as one word.

Boomerang

One of the Regulars
I noticed that it is two words on my hat as well. Apparently it is a single word "campdraft" when speaking of the horse/rider/cattle sporting event that inspired it. The Lounge tends to abbreviate it as CD -- implying two words.

We have the same issue with Silverbelly. ;)
We certainly do! Well, I know that I do. I zero-in on silly glitches and fixate upon them. Not proud of it, but that's my wiring. It makes me a decent quality assurance guy.

As for the Campdraft, I'm imagining some executive at Akubra with an interest in graphic design making the decision to split it into two words for the sake of "appearance." The truth is probably stranger than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner