Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Federation Deluxe

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Restart this really old thread?

I hope it isn't bad form. I could use some more creative explanations (excuses!) for the spouse. I'm new to fedoras so I'm starting to hear, "Darn it. The UPS truck's here again!" :rage: (my response- :eusa_clap ). I loved Art Fawcett's reply earlier but I don't have that job so I can't use it. What works to stave off the tension in various houses.

Here is mine- "Gee, honey. The dermatologist told me that with my risk factors I should be wearing a hat. You hate it if I go out with a baseball cap on so I'm just trying to do what's healthy and makes you happy!" :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

It has worked so far- but I fear is growing old. The last time I heard, "How many hats do you need?" :eusa_doh: Let's see. A causal blue and a gray. A roughing it dark and light color. A dress in black, chocolate/dark-brown, a gray or two.. :eek: [huh] Oh, and an everyday Panama and a dress one- for summer, of course!

I could use some help!!

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
"Hats are to refined gentlemen what shoes are to most women."

"Could be worse; I could be one of those spontaneous, devil-may-care trend setters who wears a - wait for it - ballcap!"

"Oh, does the poor thing have to live with a male that dresses himself?"

"I decided this was the iconic image I wanted to portray, but if you prefer a tricorn and a frockcoat, we can manage that as well, love...savy?"

"I associate hats with clean undergarments. I should think you'd want a decent amount in rotation."

"Why doncha stop frettin' over the hats and check what's under 'em, angel?"

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
All good ones!!

Spatterdash said:
"Hats are to refined gentlemen what shoes are to most women."

"I associate hats with clean undergarments. I should think you'd want a decent amount in rotation."

"Why doncha stop frettin' over the hats and check what's under 'em, angel?"

Spatterdash- All were excellent but those three were definite keepers!! :eusa_clap ;) I just bought her third pair of cowboy boots (gift) because, "You said they need time to rest between wearings!" :p :eek: Got to be more careful what I say about my Russell chukka boots! :eusa_doh: Apparently she listens well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany