Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LVC 40’s goat leather jacket

whataboutalifetime

Familiar Face
I have been an avid reader of this forum for a long time and felt it was time to contribute something meaningful other than sell. Today, I would like to share my review of a recent purchase: the LVC 40's goat leather jacket. This jacket features a half belt pattern with a unique vertical seam running down the center of the back, setting it apart from the 30's half belt design. I opted for size L, which fits me well considering I typically wear a size 44. The goatskin used in this jacket is relatively thin, giving it a lightweight feel of approximately 3.3 lbs or 1.5 kg. I estimate the thickness to be around 1mm, if not slightly more.

The stitching and craftsmanship on the jacket are commendable and on par with the Aero jacket I own. The jacket is not super soft at the beginning. However, I must admit that the goat leather feels slightly flimsy. Despite this, based on my knowledge, I believe it should still offer sufficient durability. One minor drawback worth mentioning is the absence of a leather liner inside the zipper, which is commonly found in other jackets. This omission raises concerns about the zipper being a potential weak point. Furthermore, I noticed a small area of loose grain on the upper corner of the back.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find any information regarding the type of tanning used on the goat leather—whether it is chrome-tanned or vegetable-tanned. This information would have been useful in understanding the leather's characteristics and maintenance requirements. Nonetheless, I must reiterate that despite these minor observations, I am thoroughly enjoying this jacket.

I hope this review provides valuable insights for this jacket.

Attachments

• IMG_4542.jpeg
    IMG_4542.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4543.jpeg
    IMG_4543.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_4544.jpeg
    IMG_4544.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_4545.jpeg
    IMG_4545.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_4546.jpeg
    IMG_4546.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4547.jpeg
    IMG_4547.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4548.jpeg
    IMG_4548.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_4549.jpeg
    IMG_4549.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_4550.jpeg
    IMG_4550.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 261

whataboutalifetime

Familiar Face
Thanks for the review!

Aero actually still makes this jacket (as you probably know, Aero developed LVC's leather line, and as part of the deal they are allowed to keep producing the jackets) by the name Speedway, so if anyone is interested, that would be the alternative on the market today.
Thank you for that info. It’s good to know that Aero also has this exact style. And too have no inside zipper liner. It must has its design purpose. But since I’ve learned that Aero’s goat is one of a kind, this LVC seems not very compatible to Aero in terms of leather quality.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
I have been an avid reader of this forum for a long time and felt it was time to contribute something meaningful other than sell. Today, I would like to share my review of a recent purchase: the LVC 40's goat leather jacket. This jacket features a half belt pattern with a unique vertical seam running down the center of the back, setting it apart from the 30's half belt design. I opted for size L, which fits me well considering I typically wear a size 44. The goatskin used in this jacket is relatively thin, giving it a lightweight feel of approximately 3.3 lbs or 1.5 kg. I estimate the thickness to be around 1mm, if not slightly more.

The stitching and craftsmanship on the jacket are commendable and on par with the Aero jacket I own. The jacket is not super soft at the beginning. However, I must admit that the goat leather feels slightly flimsy. Despite this, based on my knowledge, I believe it should still offer sufficient durability. One minor drawback worth mentioning is the absence of a leather liner inside the zipper, which is commonly found in other jackets. This omission raises concerns about the zipper being a potential weak point. Furthermore, I noticed a small area of loose grain on the upper corner of the back.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find any information regarding the type of tanning used on the goat leather—whether it is chrome-tanned or vegetable-tanned. This information would have been useful in understanding the leather's characteristics and maintenance requirements. Nonetheless, I must reiterate that despite these minor observations, I am thoroughly enjoying this jacket.

I hope this review provides valuable insights for this jacket.
I just love your Jacket! All the Hard Wear is Top Quality and Love the Style of the Zipper Pulls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner