Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Hampton and Whippet photos

Godfrey

One of the Regulars
elvisroe said:
Is your whippet darker than it appears in the pix or would you say they're fairly close?

Pretty different - so its probably just the photo's. The Whippet is significantly darker - more like daizawaguy's photo.

nulty said:
I've never owned one or even handled an Akubra but I've heard the stingies aren't of the same quality as other models...stiff as a petticoat I've heard....

I'd agree with daizawaguy the quality is about the same. All Akubras always start out pretty stiff and soften up after a bit of use.

christphil

New in Town
theinterchange said:
Bumping this into the now, does anyone know a source for the cruiser grey Hampton without a 3 month wait? Thanks!

Randy

I emailed Strand Hatters and confirmed they had the Cruiser Grey Hamptons in stock. This was shortly before Christmas. You should email and verify that they your size in stock.

elvisroe

A-List Customer
Grey Hampton

Yep, strand hatters still had a stack of them when I got mine a few months back. Just beware the smaller sizes...it is literally a stack and the ones on the bottom were not in great shape.

As mentioned elsewhere I had issues with the condition mine arrived in but then I wasn't up for the 3 month wait. [huh]

theinterchange

One Too Many
elvisroe said:
Yep, strand hatters still had a stack of them when I got mine a few months back. Just beware the smaller sizes...it is literally a stack and the ones on the bottom were not in great shape.

As mentioned elsewhere I had issues with the condition mine arrived in but then I wasn't up for the 3 month wait. [huh]

Does Strand Hatters do intl' mail orders? I wasn't clear about that by looking at their site... though, it's been months since I visited it, so I could have had a memory lapse.

Randy

elvisroe

A-List Customer
theinterchange said:
Does Strand Hatters do intl' mail orders? I wasn't clear about that by looking at their site... though, it's been months since I visited it, so I could have had a memory lapse.

As I was nearby I popped in and asked - yes they do. Postage to the US is about $40AUD so about $35USD. Makes for a pricey hat when combined with the $160AUD they charge for them. Shame Hats direct don't do the grey. Their black Hampton is only $100. I guess that all comes down to the price of inner-city real estate verses being based in the mountains.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn