Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

javadave61

Practically Family
Ingineer: I usually just quote the original price of the hat. In this case, it's printed right on the ad: $19.99. Except that she was with me and spotted the price tag.

Moon: we were there in search of a particular style of antique ring that she's been looking for as a gift for our 20th anniversary. She spotted the ring just as I spotted the Akubra right across from it. I could hardly pay attention to the ring which she was gleefully admiring. I felt like I was in an Everybody Loves Raymond episode pretending to admire the ring while trying not to get caught looking past it to read the tag on the hat. You're probably thinking, just get the hat as YOUR anniversary gift. Well, that's how I managed to get my last hat.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Offer them $50. They probably got $10 to $20 into the hat... I'm sure at worst they'll take $75. "Firm" can be meaningless...

Last edited:

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Loved reading through this thread but you guys really aren't great for my wallet :) I've had a couple of Snow River hats since 1988 or '89 when I was in college. Never really wore hats as much until more recently. Started cheap and simple with some boonie hats and then on to some Tilleys. Now I'm discovering my love of the Akubras so the Snowy Rivers are back in rotation and also recently purchased a Banjo Paterson which I absolutely love.... And to make things worse there are some more in the mail.. The graphite Banjo and a sand Leisure Time... Can't wait and thanks to all for all the information on here!

Mmmmm just ordered another Snowy River 2 weeks ago in glen gray. .... after watching your black one I want it to...

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I was on the Akubra home site earlier today and one of their revolving banner heads showed a new Electric Blue Rough Rider model. I don't think I could pull it off living in my urban environment but it sure does catch the eye. For the more calm folk they also producing the Riverina and the Cattleman in bran now.

,,,Mike
Just saw that electric blue Rough Rider...nice hat.... What I would love from Akubra is a Navy Blue CD and Fed IV.

I would love a navy blue hat...with contrasting ribbon

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Just saw that electric blue Rough Rider...nice hat.... What I would love from Akubra is a Navy Blue CD and Fed IV.

I would love a navy blue hat...with contrasting ribbon

Borsalino and Guerra both make a deep navy blue fedora. The Guerra GQ has abt a 4.5 inch centerdent crown and 2.5 inch brim. I have that hat in Bordeaux. Hats Plus has the Navy blue GQ in limited sizes and Bencraft has the Borsalino in Navy blue. Chk em out. Both are killer nice hats!

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
f35a46fce40951772e65715dd6d84580.jpg
dd1d650f1a69c014c6ef849e1be6af7f.jpg
97cad9523a7a955a8206ae917efd6be9.jpg
Guerra GQ in Bordeaux. I believe it's FEPSA hare/rabbit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino and Guerra both make a deep navy blue fedora. The Guerra GQ has abt a 4.5 inch centerdent crown and 2.5 inch brim. I have that hat in Bordeaux. Hats Plus has the Navy blue GQ in limited sizes and Bencraft has the Borsalino in Navy blue. Chk em out. Both are killer nice hats!
Will do !!! Thanks Bob !!!

Image3.jpg Image4.jpg

Chamuco - you've seen this before. My first D'Aquino, in bunny. Nice deep blue FEPSA body. And you know I'm enthusiastic about Miss Luisa's hats.

Just don't let Bob order it. She won't return his emails.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thx! Lol. I was hot on her case but now I'm getting distracted by an Akubra Imp Fed and a custom from either Northwest Hats or Peter Bros...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I believe they got some BIG 'ol hat blocks there and they use Winchester hat bodies. Wouldnt get Winchester rabbit but the Winchester Beaver has a good rep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters