Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

hambone71

Practically Family
Looking at the Australian Gear site, they have the Angler in loden and in regency fawn. I think this is the regency fawn color.
I see. It was hard to make out the color on my screen but its the same as mine; regency fawn. Its very close to the heritage fawn of my BP. Both are great hats!

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Fed IV
20230624_114315.jpg 20230624_114318.jpg

One Drop

One of the Regulars
Akubra Bushman in Moonstone recently picked up from @Boomerang. It is a bit snug for me but it is reacting well to some stretching. Love the color but will likely reshape into a pinch front.

View attachment 529583

Great hats, real pity they are discontinued. Heres what a pinch looks like, coming in from the rain. The colour has faded a bit since new but is not as light as it appears in these photos.

IMG_3823.JPG
IMG_3826.JPG

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Great hats, real pity they are discontinued. Heres what a pinch looks like, coming in from the rain. The colour has faded a bit since new but is not as light as it appears in these photos.

View attachment 529689 View attachment 529690
Looks great! I once had an older Bushman with lighter weight felt that had a nice tight pinch. I don’t think I can match it as these more modern versions are a bit heavier. Both versions are top notch though and I’m very happy to have it.

IMG_5595.jpeg

One Drop

One of the Regulars
Looks great! I once had an older Bushman with lighter weight felt that had a nice tight pinch. I don’t think I can match it as these more modern versions are a bit heavier. Both versions are top notch though and I’m very happy to have it.

View attachment 529749

Thanks ! That's a beauty, looks perfect. I love a tight pinch like that, gives so much character to the hat. Reminds me to tighten up the pinch a bit on mine next time it gets soaked.

milandro

A-List Customer
I just took possession of an Akubra Cattleman and it feels very nice and fits perfectly , in many ways looks line my Stetson Gunclub Dune but with a thinner and therefore also softer felt, the ventilation eyelets would probably help to dissipate the heat and the fact that the hat isn't lined will give a better breathability.

addendum:

after two days I feel that actually the hat snapped up bit back and front has a very nice look to it. Loos quite a bit like the hat worn by Pharrel Williams in the " Happy video"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran