Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Hats on

b17022009593.jpg

I got the same assumption from previous posts about hint of blue Campdraft. Have wait and see the first pics before jumping the gun. Also I need green hat also, I have so much vintage army clothes that I need something to make pants to look like civilian models.

Too many colors and too few coins, even I'm partially colorblind :D

Why doesn't Everything Australian sell Federation?

Tram

New in Town
Akubra HD delay

Yesterday I ordered a Moonstone Fed IV from Hats Direct. I received an email today saying my size was out of stock and it can go on backorder and hopes to ship in March. What are the actual timeframe I'm looking at?

rrog

A-List Customer
Tram said:
Yesterday I ordered a Moonstone Fed IV from Hats Direct. I received an email today saying my size was out of stock and it can go on backorder and hopes to ship in March. What are the actual timeframe I'm looking at?

Hey Tram,
I had the same experience back in November. They had the order the exact week they said they would have it. In fact, they emailed me the week before to confirm that I still wanted the hat. Based on my experience, they're right on the mark.

And welcome to the lounge.

rrog

rrog

A-List Customer
Nope, it's Stetson Fargo. I've only had it a little over a year and I've heard they're discontinuing it. I think it was fairly new when I got it, so it's not been on the market very long. But I like it and thanks for the compliment.

rrog

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Great Fed IV

Chrome said:
Chrome, after lots of deliberating between the Stylemaster and the Fed IV, that photo and the other of your great bash has convinced me to order the Moonstone. We'll see if the 60 is in stock or if I have a wait ahead of me...and maybe I'll save my pennies for the Stylemaster in Acorn. Thanks for your posts.:eusa_clap

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Thanks,

Same happened to me here, I was just looking around and these evil people silently opressed me to buy from Akubra lol and they were right! I love my Fed. Only downside is that there aren't enough colors so I have to get something else too, like silverbelly Campdraft from Akubra :p

How can we say to Hatsdirect that we need our new colors now and not next year or fearfully never.

Being European Akubras aren't that cheap compared to US, we have to pay sales taxes from product and shipping before customs releases the product. So I didn't order my Fed as deluxe because it would have costed me 160$ vs. 113$ for Imperial quality. Consider yourself lucky!

Enough for my whining..

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Chrome said:
Being European Akubras aren't that cheap compared to US, we have to pay sales taxes from product and shipping before customs releases the product. So I didn't order my Fed as deluxe because it would have costed me 160$ vs. 113$ for Imperial quality. Consider yourself lucky!

Enough for my whining..
Nice to see other Finns here! :)

Indeed, the customs and taxes add a bit to the price, but the exchange rate to the AU dollar is still very attractive at the moment. I'm tempted to buy another Fed in grey, but there's some persuasion that needs to be done first (the only downside of being married).

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
Chrome said:
Also I need green hat also, I have so much vintage army clothes that I need something to make pants to look like civilian models.
Tawny fawn (and probably most of the other Akubra fawn shades) go well with army green, khaki green, etc. There are a couple of colors the CEO comes in that would coordinate, too: fern green, which is a greenish-tinged grey, and cruiser grey, which appears to be a blue-tinged grey. But surprisingly, cruiser grey goes really well with sage green and does well with khaki green or drab. It's a contrasting color but a pleasing contrast, and there's something about the cruiser grey CEO that really "pops" with certain greens. I have both a tawny fawn Federation IV and a cruiser grey CEO so I have direct experience putting these hats with various color combinations.

The fern green CEO would probably work well with tans and browns in a way that the cruiser grey does not.

ninjabathy

New in Town
Greedy!!

I've been getting a little bit greedy... In addition to my Brown FedIV deluxe, I've gone and bought myself a Brown FedIV and an Akubra Capricorn!! Yummy! In case you're all wondering why I needed a second brown fed, it's because I like brown hats, and I wanted a different bash as I thought the centre-dent on my deluxe was a little on the tall side, so I'd have my first go at a tear-drop bash! I hope that's what I've done... lol. Enjoy! (or mock, it's up to you!! lol )

Here they are...

Capricorn
3297447172_be67eb286c_b.jpg

FedIV (pre-brushing, post-steaming, so sorry about the fluffy-goodness!:p )
Lots of people say the sweatband on these is poorer leather than the deluxe (it is, for a fact), but honestly, I can't tell. It seems just as fine, soft and supple. The felts a little thicker and less cardy vs heritage. I may prefer it... (ahem)
3297452290_3404d2c657_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

James

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
The bug hath bitten hard ...

Just ordered the Capricorn ... as soon as I receive an email response about a special request I'll have a moonstone Stylemaster in the works ... And as soon as I decide on a third it'll be ordered too!

ninjabathy

New in Town
Thanks for the tip, indycop! I'll do it now (anti-clockwise, just like brushing, I presume?!). Cheers.

James

ninjabathy

New in Town
Just finished sanding... used a fine grit (not knife-sharpening fine, but fine for woodwork) - 600 grit. Probably not fine enough for the pros out there, but was all I had to hand in the ol' tool box. Pushed pretty lightly, following the felt (anti-clockwise), and went a little harder on a couple of lumps round the edge from the cutting procedure, and I must say I'm really impressed! The felt looks more like the heritage felt now (it even looks slightly lighter brown, just like the deluxe fed i've got), and it just looks so smooth!! I won't bother posting another piccie, but it's a nice job. Thanks so much, Indycop! :D I'm super-happy!

James

indycop

I'll Lock Up
ninjabathy said:
Just finished sanding... used a fine grit (not knife-sharpening fine, but fine for woodwork) - 600 grit. Probably not fine enough for the pros out there, but was all I had to hand in the ol' tool box. Pushed pretty lightly, following the felt (anti-clockwise), and went a little harder on a couple of lumps round the edge from the cutting procedure, and I must say I'm really impressed! The felt looks more like the heritage felt now (it even looks slightly lighter brown, just like the deluxe fed i've got), and it just looks so smooth!! I won't bother posting another piccie, but it's a nice job. Thanks so much, Indycop! :D I'm super-happy!

James
Outstanding!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats