Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Stylemaster "Bluegrass Green"

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good looking hat, Benny.

I'm interested in the Stylemaster too. I was wondering if any of you hat afficianados have any experience with the Stylemasters in gray. There are three grays listed...moonstone gray, mid gray and carbon gray. Does anyone own any of these and can you describe the colors or post pictures?
All the sites I've seen show the acorn fawn color which looks like a light brown, but I'd really like to know about the grays.

Thanks, Bob

Benny Holiday

Donato said:
Love your lid, Benny. It made me salivate as I wait for mine to arrive any day in the mail - Acorn Fawn - like Deelovely has. You look sharp!

Thanks Donato, most kind of you! Of course, placing a hat on Deelovely's exceptional pulchritude is the best advertisement any hat could get! (Dig Indycop's double whammy - a lovely lady who shares his love of hats! :eusa_clap )

BobC, I've got a Stylemaster in mid-grey which is, well, uh, mid-grey. I've got a CEO in carbon grey which is a tad darker, but it's not as dark as charcoal grey. Here's a pic of the mid-grey in sunlight (I ordered it with a black band from Everything Australian):

BennyHoliday5.jpg

As for Moonstone grey - sorry, I wouldn't have a clue what it looks like!

BobC

Thank you, Benny, for the picture. I saw the moonstone gray in another thread and it appears to be a little lighter that your mid gray....not very much though. You must really like the Stylemaster, and I must say you do look good in them. The mid gray may be what I'm after. Again, thanks. Bob

job

One Too Many
Everythingaustralian.com has the Stylemaster in 6 colors. I'm seeing green. Maybe mid-grey too. They also have the Campdraft in Bluegrass green in stock.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
John Helmer up in Portland had it in the Mid-Grey, Green and Mid-Brown. Here's mine the other one of mine in the Mid-Brown. It's a nice solid dark brown which works with all sorts of color combos. And you don't have to do the " Aussie wait " when you order it ! I got mine in 3 days from when I ordered it :)

Squatter1022.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Dang it, MB

Would you please stop showing off different Akubras?

Bushman, Squatter and now Stylemaster!

This has to stop!

I only have one head and one paycheck! :)

Sam

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Anyone with a green Akubra?

I have a green Campdraft ... very attractive.

I would be more interested in a green Squatter, but the gray ... Moonstone ... has a touch of blue to it, and that lets it fill in where a dressier green might be sought.

Out here, fortunately, my CD, Squatters and Bushman all go well with shirt and tie.

Still, a green Squatter would be very cool!

Sam

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I have a green Campdraft ... very attractive.

I would be more interested in a green Squatter, but the gray ... Moonstone ... has a touch of blue to it, and that lets it fill in where a dressier green might be sought.

Out here, fortunately, my CD, Squatters and Bushman all go well with shirt and tie.

Still, a green Squatter would be very cool!

Sam

From what was said on a previous post on the AKUBRA SQUATTER thread, the Willow Green is no longer a stock color and is NOT listed as available on any of the OZ retailers sites anymore. Everything Australian is selling on-hand stock if they have your size, jump in and get it! It was also stated that at this time, Akubra was NOT doing any small numbers of custom orders. The factory no longer lists the Green as available as well. It IS a nice color for sure :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany