Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Stylemaster Mystery - Is it Acorn Fawn or Bluegrass green?

akubraacornfawn

New in Town
Hi. I ordered an akubra Stylemaster acorn fawn from the battery katoomba and have received it and I am baffled as to what color it really is!

I used to own what I thought was an akubra Stylemaster acorn fawn and it was brown with a golden brown ribbon which matches my ginger beard perfectly. However this akubra Stylemaster acorn fawn I received is nothing like it. First the inner I used to have (and the inner shown on a different website to the battery katoomba) the inside of gold. Yet the one I have received has a white inner which is consistent with the bluegrass color hat.

Taking a photo to accurately represent the bat I have received is very difficult. In person it looks olive green with green ribbon. Yet in photos it very often looks brown.

So has the hattery katoomba sent me bluegrass instead of acorn fawn? What is also interesting on akubra au (which I can't order from because not in Australia and the UK akubra don't sell acorn fawn) the hat looks most like the one I used to own. However on the hattery koomba the photo shown on website does look like my hat in pictures I take (brown) yet in person is green. So I'm quite confused. The lining may be the clue because mine is white whereas the one I used to own was gold and on akubra au the acorn fawn lining is also golden. Yet the bluegrass is white. Do akubra use different color linings for same hat color and is it just a lottery what lining colour you get? Seems a bit strange to me.

akubraacornfawn

New in Town
Here is photo
IMG_20240520_144911.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Looks like a fawn to me. They also do "Heritage Fawn", which I believe is a little darker, closer to khaki. Bluegrass Green is a very definitely olive shade, undeniably green.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace