Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Value is Soaring Right Now

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Then it's still pretty much a crapshoot - we have no idea if the current favorable rates will hold for two months. (Another downside of getting a 12-week-delivery Akubra!)

Thanks.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
tinmanzzz said:
Ok, you caught my intrest. But before I pull the triger, I need to know how my long oval will fit in the Akubra's.
In the past, I had understood that they ran more round than oval ??:( :(
Any advise....
I am an extra long oval and they stretch it for me a bit. They are soft enough that they fit well enough right away.;) :)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Spats McGee said:
It takes a couple of days to process. I bought mine at the lowest price that I'd seen (at the time) and paid by debit card. By the time the transaction actually processed, the price had gone back up ~$4-$5. I know it's only a few bucks and won't make a huge difference with prices as low as they are, but the transaction in your bank account may not be exactly the same as on the purchase receipt.
I hope they have not gone up today! I need to get on the ball.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Doctor Strange said:
I just wrote to Hats By The Hundred to ask what their policy is on this. I ordered my Bogart (a 12-week special order) over a month ago, but my credit card hasn't been charged yet. I understand that they charge it when the hat arrives from the factory and they process the shipment - but I don't know whether the conversion rate was locked in on the day I placed the order, or if they use the current rate on the ship date.

I am curious to hear what they have to say. (The best-case scenario would be, "We'll use whichever conversion rate is more favorable to you." - but I really don't expect to hear that!)

PS - Coincidentally, I got a bulk email from them this morning pointing out that Akubras are fantastic buys at current conversion rates, so some of the dealers realize that there's a big opportunity now for more US business. (Heck, dealers who visit this forum can see for themselves!)
Hatsdirect told me they charge 50% of the order at the time of order and the rest upon arrival.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
:rage: :rage: :rage: I keep trying to make a purchase from everything australian but it keeps rejecting me saying I must put my card expiration date. I do that using their format but it doesn't work!:rage: :rage: :eusa_doh:

kaosharper1

One Too Many
I couldn't get Everything Australian to take my address. I emailed, but they told me everything was OK. You can try emailing them directly. I finally went with Hats Direct because they had what I wanted in stock rather than the 3 month wait, and I decided that was worth $5.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
kaosharper1 said:
I couldn't get Everything Australian to take my address. I emailed, but they told me everything was OK. You can try emailing them directly. I finally went with Hats Direct because they had what I wanted in stock rather than the 3 month wait, and I decided that was worth $5.
I have 2 on order with hatsdirect and was trying to order 2 from everything australian but now I don't know if they got it or not. I did send them an email, would call but don't have any idea how much that would cost...
Thinking of ordering one more from hatsdirect too, I must be stopped!!:eek: shakeshead

Spats McGee

One Too Many
indycop said:
I have 2 on order with hatsdirect and was trying to order 2 from everything australian but now I don't know if they got it or not. I did send them an email, would call but don't have any idea how much that would cost...
Thinking of ordering one more from hatsdirect too, I must be stopped!!:eek: shakeshead
You should get a confirmation email from Everything Australian & an order number. If you're worried about the cost of calling them, just give the email a day or two. I've only ordered one hat from them, but (so far) they've always returned my emails. It may take a day or two, but I've always gotten a response.

Colorado Joe

New in Town
indycop said:
:rage: :rage: :rage: I keep trying to make a purchase from everything australian but it keeps rejecting me saying I must put my card expiration date. I do that using their format but it doesn't work!:rage: :rage: :eusa_doh:

This first happened to me then I noticed two boxes for the expiration date. One box for the month (mm), and the other for the year (yy). I first put the month/year in the first box and it did not take. Then I put the month and year in each separate box (without the forward slash /) and it worked fine.

I am stoked. My hat even went down a buck and change since I bought it. I might order another if I can keep my wife from finding out about this one.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colorado Joe said:
This first happened to me then I noticed two boxes for the expiration date. One box for the month (mm), and the other for the year (yy). I first put the month/year in the first box and it did not take. Then I put the month and year in each separate box (without the forward slash /) and it worked fine.

I am stoked. My hat even went down a buck and change since I bought it. I might order another if I can keep my wife from finding out about this one.
Thats what I did, 2 digits for mm and 2 digits for yy each in the separate box. [huh] I will just wait for an email back...:(

Spats McGee

One Too Many
IC, I just went back and re-read my own post & it wasn't very clear. When i ordered from Everything Australian, I got the confirmation email in just a few minutes. It was only when a human had to respond to the email that it took a couple of days.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Spats McGee said:
IC, I just went back and re-read my own post & it wasn't very clear. When i ordered from Everything Australian, I got the confirmation email in just a few minutes. It was only when a human had to respond to the email that it took a couple of days.
Ah nope no confirmation email:(

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Stop the press! I just went and redid my whole order and got a confirmation! $135 for a Mid Fawn Campdraft and a Sorel Tan Boss of the Plains.:D :D with shipping! Now I will have silver belly, taupe fawn, and mid brown!:D :D

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Stop the press! I just went and redid my whole order and got a confirmation! $135 for a Mid Fawn Campdraft and a Sorel Tan Boss of the Plains.:D :D with shipping! Now I will have silver belly, taupe fawn, and mid brown!:D :D
Way to go IC!:eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
WooHoo 4 akubras on order, maybe I need to get a federation too. :rolleyes: Now I just have to make it through the wait...

The Boss of the plains will be my first actual western felt hat. I have 2 straw westerns but no felts. If I can wear this style then I will be ordering some from the Major next year.:D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic