Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Woomera

wedgetail

New in Town
yeah that's amazing HJ well done! It really is perfect. And the brim has come out very very good, a vast improvement on the original. Even the thin ribbon looks nice now! It will look even better with the new band....

Might try your method before I try an iron then

Nice job, HJ. That's looking good.

Looks great Jack!

...your courage brings entertainment for me.

Nice work. It does look great.

That Looks Incredible

yeah that's amazing HJ well done! It really is perfect. And the brim has come out very very good, a vast improvement on the original.

Thanks all, for your positive comments. They're much appreciated. With 5-6 more wks of potentially hot weather before felt season returns I have time to continue to tweak it a bit if I want. I'm really liking the crown as I don't have anything else like it; all my other western hats have slopes & pinches at the crown. I'm liking the different look for a change.

SurfGent

Suspended
I took these pics just now on the porch to take advantage of the natural light. I didn't anticipate all the shadows from the trees & bushes so my apologies for those. But it's just too hot to worry much about it today. I had to come back inside to enjoy my coffee!

241a8.jpg

20ib9uf.jpg

2cyid0x.jpg

2n9hwt4.jpg

2uqlvev.jpg

mj4650.jpg

By the time I got to these head shots my favorite American Indian print shirt I put on was ringing wet. I just wanted to get back inside!

5ezl2v.jpg

2i06wsg.jpg
Beautiful hat. Looking good jack !!!

836_1618reg_lg6.jpg

The Edge Ridge that David Morgan sells is nice , but I like that one you found better
That is nice; I'll have to look at that one closer. I'm not much for hat band buckles though.

After wearing the Woomera for a few hrs I'm really liking it a lot. I wish it was offered in a few more colors like a Confederate Gray & black (you listening Hats By the Hundred?). The Bobby can be special ordered in black but the brim has been trimmed down from the Woomera.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
That is nice; I'll have to look at that one closer. I'm not much for hat band buckles though.

After wearing the Woomera for a few hrs I'm really liking it a lot. I wish it was offered in a few more colors like a Confederate Gray & black (you listening Hats By the Hundred?). The Bobby can be special ordered in black but the brim has been trimmed down from the Woomera.

That Band has a slide , no buckle . Looks like a Band John Wayne wore on several Hats . But The Woomera is available in Tanbark Brown , which looks Black with a brownish tint . You have to really look hard to notice the difference . Plus the other color Joe (Mm25) ordered .

Last edited:
Tanbark looks like a dusty black to me, & I don't care for it. But I just noticed that EA is offering the Woomera now in black with a 3 month wait. I'm going to have to get one on order.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Done deal!

It's a KILLER Hat ! You got me to thinking about it . I had in my mind they offered Black , but I wasn't sure . But after seeing your AMAZING Job on your Sand Woomera , BOY !!! And you knocked it out like it was nothing ! That looks like a tough crease to do to me . But I don't think it could have been any better . That's a Sparkler !

It's a KILLER Hat ! You got me to thinking about it . I had in my mind they offered Black , but I wasn't sure . But after seeing your AMAZING Job on your Sand Woomera , BOY !!! And you knocked it out like it was nothing ! That looks like a tough crease to do to me . But I don't think it could have been any better . That's a Sparkler !
Thanks Michael! I'm really enjoying the look of a round flat-top crown without any pinches, on the 4" flat brim. It would even look good with just a plain telescope crease. I have in mind a beaded hat band for the black one but I'll have up to 3 months to think about it; maybe less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21