Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alan Grant's straw hat from Jurassic park *edited, huge new photo*

Vannevar

New in Town
Hiya,

This is a little out of the ordinary, I'm looking to pick up a straw hat for the summer and I saw this:
e26axus-jpg.21650

A really really wide brimmed straw hat with a wonderful shape. Does anybody have any idea where something like this could be picked up? Or know about the manufacturer?

Thanks for lending your expertise,

V

Last edited by a moderator:

duggap

Banned
Western style?

I may be wrong and usually am but the hat pictured looks like a mod attempt at a western hat. As to wide brims you could contact our own Panama Bob and look into one of his hats. The brim can be made to any lenght you are willing to pay for. I learned painfully that over 3 inches doesn't look all that good on everyone, or in my case me.

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
I've had one of those hats for a long time, bought it at a Guatamalan market. It's a terrible hat, but well worth the $2 I paid for it there. Like others have said, it is heavy and hot. Much better to contact Panama Bob for a real Panama hat...light, cool and beautiful!...KC

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Spokes Man

Ditto on the weight and heat of that hat. I scored one at a thrift store for something like $2. It has a brim that would make an awning envious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy