Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yet another new member!

stealthboy

New in Town
Hey all, I'm so glad I finally signed on here. I've been a hat fan since I gained an appreciation of things Victorian and Edwardian in college (fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories). My first "real" hat was a black Homburg bought at Tucker & Tucker in Pittsburgh, PA (on 5th st). Unfortunately, that shop has since closed as the brothers were getting up in age. That was back in 1994 when I bought it, and I still wear it.

Being a child of the late 70's, I grew up with Indiana Jones, so naturally I've always had a love of fedoras as well. Finally got an Akubra that I bashed myself, so I'll include a pic here:

fedora_01.png

I've gone back to the Homburg and 1900 - 1910 era in my hat preferences now, so I'm really excited about a new Stetson Homburg that is currently sitting on my doorstep thanks to FedEx! I'll post more pictures here tonight.

The rest of my collection includes some lesser-quality felt fedoras and a straw small-brimmed fedora for the summer bought from Meyer in New Orleans. Here's a pic of that one:

meyer_hat.png

Thanks for this great community, and thanks for the wonderful tips I've read so far!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Yes indeed, welcome aboard. It's a pleasure to have you! And already posting photos ... :)

stealthboy

New in Town
Here's the new Stetson Homburg that came in yesterday:

new_homburg_01.png

I quite like it. It's my first size 59 - I'm usually a 58 but a recent change in hairstyle makes some of my 58s feel a bit tight. Good thing I have the new hat today, too, because it's in the 20s and snowing here in the DC area!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24