Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers Simmons and Aero Aeromarine Discussion

Ishmael

Practically Family
Still like the scalloped waistline on the Heron Himel the best........

That black AL with the wing like lapels is one fugliest jackets that have been posted on this site.

schitzo

Suspended
That black AL with the wing like lapels is one fugliest jackets that have been posted on this site.

i think so too, i wonder if they'll sell it. You never know, there might be someone out there who thinks it's really cool!

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
If it were worn by Brad Pitt in some film, the lads at film jackets.com would really dig it. I don't hate it but it could use tweaking.

pipvh

Practically Family
I think I like the AL shawl collar number best, so far. But then again, I have a bit of a patch pocket fetish myself...:redface:

The wing collar thing is beyond horrific, though: a gargoyle of a jacket. On the other hand, with those pockets as a starting point, they could make one of those amazing Finnish pilots' jackets from this thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?63971-Vintage-Finnish-Leather-Jackets&. I'd love one of those.

I lean more towards the aesthetic of the more elongated, tapered shawl collar design that DD and Mark Fisher are using. A more rounded edge to a shawl collar makes me think of clown costumes.
Either way, I agree with the earlier comment that it works best with a leather with a softer drape.

On the button hole design on the DD....I understand this is an alternative way to make button holes if one doesn't have access to a button hole machine that will work on leather.

majormajor

One Too Many
An intrinsic aspect of the "shawl collar jacket" - or whatever else you wanna call it - is the curved edge to the hem panel.

It starts high, at the side, goes down, and then curves up to meet the two button closing.

Only two guys seem to have got this right, as far as I can see - Himel & Aero.

Makes the jacket for me:D;)

marinefit2.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't really care who makes the collar or what leather they use since the rest of the jacket doesn't appeal very much to me. Although Diamond Dave's version is more alluring.

schitzo

Suspended
maybe after you bought it to our attention a member has snapped it up? It was a sale jacket so it must've been cheap!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
And yet not a standard model on its general pages? Anyone want to own up to snapping it up? If so, I look forward to seeing them posting some pics on the Lounge. Actually, it would be interesting to see a few more of AL's models other than the Dakota, so bring on the Fight Club!!:D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24