Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers Simmons and Aero Aeromarine Discussion

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
So it is! My apologies. Tbh, I couldn't believe somebody would be mad enough to buy it, but there's no accounting for some people's taste... :D

Tadite

Familiar Face
The creation of the aeromarine is just killing me. I'd thought my need for jackets had been fulfilled with my half belt. How wrong I was!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The creation of the aeromarine is just killing me. I'd thought my need for jackets had been fulfilled with my half belt. How wrong I was!

We have a couple of these Aero Aeromarine jackets coming in the next few weeks for custom North American customers. One will be very, very cool in Black Jerky Horsehide with light tan contrast stitching throughout and Capercaillie Tartan Lining. We'll post pictures up when they come in!

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
We have a couple of these Aero Aeromarine jackets coming in the next few weeks for custom North American customers. One will be very, very cool in Black Jerky Horsehide with light tan contrast stitching throughout and Capercaillie Tartan Lining. We'll post pictures up when they come in!

The Aeromarine seems to be a rather unique jacket and look forward to pictures on arrival. Did you order your Aeromarine jackets with a bit of length added to body and sleeves ?

Tadite

Familiar Face

You've got to post some pictures of that one. Love the contrast stitching!

Just thought I'd open this one again:
Not to stir the pot more, but now a Lost Worlds version that dates back to 1998 has surfaced on eBay? and Bill Kelso just released the Aeronaut.... I guess This design is very popular with makers Summer/Fall 2013.

Edward

Bartender
Totally- Just trying to convince myself that this is too close to an A2 (which I know it ain't!) to need one!

Meh. Not even close to an A2.... button front, and that collar? You know you need it.... Call Galashiels..... go on.... [/devil-voice]

Now that Kelso has the Aeronaut, let's throw it in the mix too...So far the similarities outweigh the differences- except Kelso has a zipper, and Aero/ Alex are button-up.
I like the fact that Kelso will do it in the Badalassi Blue.

Now that Kelso has the Aeronaut, let's throw it in the mix too...So far the similarities outweigh the differences- except Kelso has a zipper, and Aero/ Alex are button-up.
I like the fact that Kelso will do it in the Badalassi Blue.

I'd hold off on "mixing" it for now.
BK hasn't really shown many photos of this jacket. All on the "cutting board". Can not really tell much about it other than it's a "Cossack" style jacket akin to the Aero Aeromarine.
Then it tends to take a while for makers to really nail down a new pattern. Design changes. Sizing. Some makerswill sell their earlier attampts at a discount for this reason.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24