Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL ORIGINAL Irvin RAF type Jackets - Loving that Wolf in sheeps' clothing!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
That's a corker Andrew and a very nice addition to your collection. Fleece and outer look to be in tiptop nick.

Well done!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
If I didn't have a thousand bills coming up Andrew I seriously would consider it.

Alas, for the sake of my wallet and domestic harmony I'll sadly have to pass.

Damn shame though.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Soren, I'm only selling it as it is a tad too short for me in the body. The arms are a decent length, but I have a longish upper body.

Rattlesnake

New in Town
Hi, guys! My name is Andrey, I'm from Moscow. I'm the happy owner of original Irvin jacket. It has got to our family from the relative who during WWII worked in the city of Murmansk (USSR) and accepted cargoes from allied troops. One of the British pilots has presented to him a jacket and trousers. I spread some photos of a jacket, what can you tell about it? Sorry for my English. WBR, Andrey

All Foto http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/kovalin/album/104718?p=0

Windsock

A-List Customer
Hi, guys! My name is Andrey, I'm from Moscow. I'm the happy owner of original Irvin jacket. It has got to our family from the relative who during WWII worked in the city of Murmansk (USSR) and accepted cargoes from allied troops. One of the British pilots has presented to him a jacket and trousers. I spread some photos of a jacket, what can you tell about it? Sorry for my English. WBR, Andrey

Great looking jacket Andrey, i'm surprised that it's in such good condition after all those Russian Winters! I would have thought that it'd had a lot of use over the years. Has it spent all this time in your family and was it just stored and not used?

It probably dates from mid War, '41-43 based on the number of panels and zip types. It's not possible to determine the maker without the label unfortunately.

Rattlesnake

New in Town
Has it spent all this time in your family and was it just stored and not used?

It probably dates from mid War, '41-43 based on the number of panels and zip types. It's not possible to determine the maker without the label unfortunately.

Thanks! This jacket was carried at first by the brother of му mother, when in 1970's he worked as the pilot of the helicopter in the extreme north USSR. I carry a jacket in the winter, I dress not so often. Therefore it in such good condition.

kowalski

Practically Family
Привет Андрей, эта куртка удивительно, почти как новый, настоящее сокровище ,:) best regards , from Poland:)

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the forum Andrey. It's perfectly possible to determine the maker on an Irvin without the label. Those who have handled many Irvins are able to identify them from "house" features linked to specific makers by comparing them with jackets with the maker's name on the label. From the pics of your jacket it is most likely the work of Irvin Air Chute, having the square ended collar, medium sized belt loops, small collar rings and high quality stitching associated with this premier maker. The jacket most likely dates from 1941 and is identical to labelled jackets from their H 174362/40/CID contract, which was placed by the AM in late 1940 and continued through 1941(some have 1941 on the labels). It would appear to be in well preserved condition. Do you ever wear it?

kowalski

Practically Family
/|\ ; I wrote that Poles and Russians are brothers (Slavs), we have another brother of the Czech Republic, is an old story about Lech Poland, Russia and Czechu, brothers who lived together, but each went his own way :) it really congratulating Andrew Irvin jacket , is amazing, and the state as new, only envy

Last edited:

/|\

One of the Regulars
Oh, I was only joking. ;)

Not about not speaking Russian -- I don't -- but I think it's funny to say it in Russian. (I'm easily amused. :p )

Rattlesnake

New in Town
Do you ever wear it?

Thanks, Andrew! It's a very interesting and the helpful information. As I already wrote earlier, my uncle carried a jacket within several years when he worked as the pilot of the helicopter. Now I carry this jacket some times in a year during cold winter time and constantly I feel sights of surrounding people :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails