Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL REPRO R.A.F. Irvin type jackets

Big J

Call Me a Cab
2d4973387492f49d342408e604376acf.jpg
e6e6b58f5b3f3d1c981be70d10d28184.jpg

Well, the jacket has finally arrived, and it fits superbly... Despite the small differences and older design, this is a hell of a jacket.. I'm in love with it..
Even if Tokyo is still a touch too humid to wear it yet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude! How are you wearing all that? (@_@) I'm in a T-shirt and shorts!

Ben Sharples

New in Town
Haha.. Tokyo has had 18 days of solid rain, and no sign of the sun.. It's down to about 20 degrees now.. Rather chilly...

Ben Sharples

New in Town
Thank you very much! I'm delighted with it!! Despite it still being out of season, come winter I think this shall be my go to jacket.. It's so warm!!

irvinsuit

Familiar Face
My brand new Eastman 1942 pattern Irvin arrived today and it's the mutt's nuts... The best flying jacket I've ever seen or owned... Photos to follow over the weekend... Chuffed as a budgie.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Great jacket, Ben!

The weather here has dropped to the 50's (low teens to you C guys) for the first time here in Kentucky.

Jacket weather is fast upon us my friends!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ben Sharples

New in Town
Thanks Spit, thanks Deacon...

I intend to use it as much as I can come winter! Japan has decently cold winters, although it won't be there until about December or so?
But it's so cool I want to wear it now... Ah well.. I shall endure...
They're great jackets.. I'm so glad I asked you all and listened to the advice.. All spot on! Thank you all!

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Spit, thanks Deacon...

I intend to use it as much as I can come winter! Japan has decently cold winters, although it won't be there until about December or so?
But it's so cool I want to wear it now... Ah well.. I shall endure...
They're great jackets.. I'm so glad I asked you all and listened to the advice.. All spot on! Thank you all!

But now you can get the new bullet train line to Kanazawa for a day trip from Tokyo to the Japan Alps!

Ben Sharples

New in Town
But now you can get the new bullet train line to Kanazawa for a day trip from Tokyo to the Japan Alps!

That's true actually.. That'd be an option too.. I just came back from New Zealand as well, but the jacket arrived just after.. Would have been great there.. Mid winter..
And I've always wanted to hit Hokkaido up as well.. That might be worth a look in a month or so? Probably cool enough by then? About 10 degrees and it'd be right? Would you say?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
That's true actually.. That'd be an option too.. I just came back from New Zealand as well, but the jacket arrived just after.. Would have been great there.. Mid winter..
And I've always wanted to hit Hokkaido up as well.. That might be worth a look in a month or so? Probably cool enough by then? About 10 degrees and it'd be right? Would you say?

Hokkaido? Bears.
My friend studied at Sapporo university. They had to have compulsory skiing lessons, and the dorm was connected to the main campus by a special pedestrian tunnel because there is so much snow and ice.

Ben Sharples

New in Town
Hahah.. Sounds a little insane actually.. Well.. I'll have a think.. Been all over the southern islands, but not further north than Kinugawa and Nikko.. So.. Maybe that's an idea eh? (Not much of a skier, so... )

Ben Sharples

New in Town
Sorry, degrees centigrade... I'm English, so I don't ever use the Fahrenheit... 5 eh? Well.. I'll see.. Tokyo winters are easily that, so, very soon! Thanks!

Deacon211

One Too Many
Pfffft! The hell with that! I'll throw my Irvin on in the low 50s (10-15C), if I'm just sitting in my backyard or, even better, laying in my hammock.

A fall afternoon nap in a hammock with your Irvin on? Like being a babe in your mother's arms. ;-)

Deacon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ben Sharples

New in Town
Hahaha... Ahh.. I can understand that! It's honestly not tooooo bad wearing it now.. But heading out in it, in Tokyo would be a little heavy still.. (It's about 25 degrees C here now.. ) so I'll give it a month or so!! I suspect it'll be right at about the temperature you mention! And yeah.. Hammock... Hammock... Aggggh...
Now I want to buy a hammock... And a cigar... ******.. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner